Chapter XV

-Hi, have you seen Nathalie? - Gabriel asked one of the assistant's friends.
-Yes. She just went to the toilet. -But she's been gone for a long time. - replied the second friend.
-Maybe something happened to her! - Gabriel shouted in horror.
-We should check it out.
All three of them stood in front of the door and started knocking.
-Nathalie? Everything's all right? You've been gone for quite a while and we're starting to worry. - said one of my friends. However, silence answered her. Everyone exchanged confused glances, then she shouted again:
-Nathalie! Are you there?!
-Yes... everything's fine... - the woman suddenly said.
-Phew... - all three of them thought.
-Definitely? You're kind of, I don't know... uncomfortable.
-What? NO. All good.
-Then why have you been sitting there for so long?
-I just feel a little sick, that's all.
-Well, that's not good at all! - Gabriel suddenly shouted.
-Gabriel? What are you doing here? - she asked, surprised.
-Never mind! Just open this door. I'll go outside with you and get some fresh air. You can't sit there alone or you'll faint.
-Or maybe I don't want to look at you, huh? Haven't you thought about it?
-Don't be stubborn and open this door! - How will you go?
-I'm not leaving until I make sure that everything is fine!
-And I won't leave here until you are here!
-But you don't feel well!
-Not at all! Everything is great.
-No, it's not!
And yes, nothing was great. Not only did Nathalie feel sick, she had already vomited twice, her stomach hurt, her head hurt, she had black spots in front of her eyes and she felt dizzy. She felt like she was going to faint, but she didn't want to give up on Gabriel.
-I'll stand here until you open it! - the man shouted, but this time no one answered him.
-Nathalie?! Are you there?! - he shouted even louder, yanking on the door handle. By this time, the woman's condition was so bad that she was unable to even speak. She leaned on the sink with her hands and looked in the mirror.
-Who am I? What am I doing here? Why did I use that infernal brooch? For him? He will never love you... stupid, naive... - at that moment Nathalie slid to the floor. Gabriel, who was on the other side pulling the handle with all his might, finally decided to force the door open. When he succeeded, he saw Nathalie faint and immediately grabbed her. Fortunately, he made it and the woman did not fall to the ground.
-Nathalie?! Nathalie?! - he shouted, nervous and worried. Without waiting long, he took the woman in his arms and ran out of the restaurant. He went to a place where he couldn't be seen, changed into Hawk Moth and headed towards the hospital. Then he underwent a reverse transformation and ran into the building with his assistant in his arms.
-Please save her... - crying, he gave the woman to the doctors. Then he sat in the waiting room and thought.
-It's all my fault... I'm too stubborn... I could have agreed to take Adrien to that ball... I could have not argued with her... she was right... she's always right! That's why she's my assistant. I could have listened to it earlier! Then she wouldn't be mad at me! Ahh... I told her not to interfere, that he was my son... and she took better care of him than I did... And why did I give her that damned miraculous! You had to give it a rest! I should have told her I loved her while I still had the chance! And now? It's too late... I hope they save her... I won't accept her leaving... I can't cope... I can't... please, Nathalie, be strong... don't leave me... . don't give up...
He wanted to call Adrien and talk to him, but he remembered that he was at the ball, so he just sat there, thinking and despairing. He waited and waited. The seconds and minutes dragged on inexorably, time passed terribly slowly, Gabriel had the impression that he had spent hours there, many hours.

Suddenly the doctor called him.
-Mr. Agreste? Please come to me for a moment.
After hearing these words, the man immediately jumped up and ran to the doctor. -What's going on? - he asked very much worried.