A Calculated Move

Vihaan's POV

A chuckle escaped me at the sight of her frightened expression. There ain't any more escaping, Sarkaar.

"I am never scared of anything," I mimicked, a wide grin illuminating my features as she stuck her tongue out at me.

The sunlight danced upon her ivory scarf, teasing the gentle breeze that caressed her flushed cheeks. She wore a charming mid-length dungaree ensemble paired with pristine white sneakers, captivating my gaze with an enchanting spell. My heart swelled with a euphoric serenity, threatening to leap out of my chest as I marveled at her presence.

My love for her was undeniable, an unshakeable certainty in my soul. Yet, did she reciprocate these fervent emotions? Would she commit to an everlasting bond with me?

"That was very lame for a genius like you, Malhotra. With your level, I am doubling over with worry for the future of the Heramb Group. 160 IQ, my foot!" I dodged when she retaliated by throwing a basket full of worms at me.

My laughter echoed over the soft shuffle of the Tons River. Rolling over, I watched as she puffed her cheeks, seemingly exasperated.

"Your shrieks told me otherwise, Ms. Sikarwar," I chuckled, darting away as she charged after me with an oar.

The camp served as our Valentine's date, and it was the best we'd had so far. It was perfect for adrenaline junkies like us. Amidst the wilderness, whether trekking, relaxing, or rafting, it was exactly what we needed to divert our minds from the chaos back home.

It was chaos for me, while Komal had nothing to do but worry about her best friend, Kratika.

Kratika was set to marry her fiance in less than a week, and Viraj, my twin brother, had been wreaking havoc ever since he had found out.

Honestly, I felt for Viraj. He loved that woman immensely, putting in every effort possible. Yet, all he could do was watch her smile and blush in someone else's arms. It was unfair and almost heartbreaking.

"He'd be more heartbroken if he knew you were dating his obsession's best friend," the little voice inside whispered. But I silenced it promptly.

I wanted to tell Viraj about Komal and me. But every time I tried to speak about it, something told me: that now wasn't the right time. Viraj was already overwhelmed. He didn't need another blow to topple him over.

That's why I had to plan this vacation.

Viraj needed space, and I needed a distraction, something to regain my sanity before returning home to tend to his deep scars.

"Run, Vihaan Malhotra! But the moment I get you...oh, you're gonna regret it so bad," I laughed, swiftly dodging the swing of the oar before it could hit me.

"You won't! For your orgasm's sake!" I yelled back at her flushed face.

Komal despised worms so intensely that she'd sooner brave anything than lay a finger on them. A softie for animals and a staunch vegetarian, she didn't mind my occasional fishing trips, a fact that allowed me to sneak in a bucketful of worms and a fishing rod without raising her suspicions.

Forty minutes later, here we were, chasing each other in the safe jungle near the bank of Tons, giggling and sweating.

"What? Are you exhausted already? You weren't any closer last night, Oh, Vihaan! Faster!" I teased, a playful grin forming on my lips.

We had just conquered a steep slope. The morning dew lent an elusive slipperiness, yet the resilient grass offered a yielding ascent, at least for me.