Denigration Of Worlds

VIHAAN'S POV

The glorifying moonlight danced on the waves as the Bahamian night enveloped me in a cloak of shadows. I reclined on the pristine sands of a secluded beach. The distant murmur of the ocean merged with the whispers of my inner demons.

I want to see her!

Putting my head on the recliner, I closed my eyes, and instantly certain brown eyes perked up at me, glistening with tenderness and a lot of mischief.

"Stop running," I murmured to the mocktail swirling within the exquisite crystal in my hand. "You can't escape forever." A soft chuckle escaped my lips as I watched the liquid dance, its movements reflecting the chaotic whirlwind of my thoughts.

To an outsider, my actions might seem eccentric, even bordering on madness.

But here, on the shores of my private Bahamian retreat, I shed the persona of Vihaan Malhotra, the tech mogul, and embraced the simple role of a man consumed by love—a love that knew no bounds, no rationality.

It was an obsession that fueled my every action, driving me to the edge of reason and beyond.

"Tauji! Tauji!" The melodic voice echoed in the distance, and in an instant, I was snapped out of my reverie. I turned slightly, and there she was – Ira Malhotra, my little princess, jogging towards me.

Her little pigtail danced with the wind, and her bright, Moorish eyes widened with excitement mingled with a touch of horror. I was instantly alarmed but relaxed when Viraj's silhouette shadowed her tiny frame. Ira had Kratika's eyes, Viraj's nose, and temper. Thankfully, none of Viraj's kids had his brains – the world could breathe a sigh of relief.

"What did your Daddy do now?" I asked as I chugged down the mocktail in one go and sat up straight. Absentmindedness or partial attention was a crime in Ira's books. Four years with her, and you'd know better than to be her offender.

"He was trying to swallow, Mommy! Daddy's a Dracula!" Ira shrieked, tears of panic welling up in her bright eyes.

Seconds later, Viraj jogged up to us with a wiggling Ezra in his arms. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he rolled his eyes. He put Ezra on the ground, who immediately ran to his younger sister and held her tiny hand with his own.

"I... ahem—"

"Should have locked the door! They are growing up," I spoke firmly. It was dimly light. Still, the crimson on Viraj's neck and cheeks was visible even from afar.

"I thought we were alone. Never knew they were playing bubbles in the bathtub. I tried explaining her that it was a kiss. She just doesn't listen. Thinks I am a monster from some move she watched! The content they make these days! I will kill that stupid director." Viraj ran a hand over his face and let out an exasperated sigh. He looked tired.

Good, he deserved it!

I chuckled, imagining how horrified Kratika might be. Someone was surely going to sleep on the balcony tonight. I bent forward and took Ira in my arms, settling her on my lap before scooping up Ezra for a cuddle.

"Stop using violent words before them or Tauji would end you!" I cooed, tapping on Ira's tiny nose. She instantly fell into short giggles.

"Your Daddy is quite the monster, Ira," I grinned mischievously as Ira's eyes darkened, and she hurried closer. "But don't worry, he'd never eat your Momma. At least not in the way you might be thinking."

"Alright, enough of that!" Viraj interjected urgently, disregarding Ira and Ezra's protests. "Daddy isn't in the business of eating anyone. Now, it's time for bed. Quickly! Off to your rooms." With a swift motion, he ushered the kids back into the bungalow, his tone tinged with both authority and concern.