Descending into Madness

KOMAL'S POV:

The drive to Vihaan's private beach felt like a descent into a fever dream. Each mile stretched into an eternity, the anxiety gnawing at my insides mirroring the relentless rumble of the tires.

The beach's tranquility, usually a sight to behold, faded into insignificance as I neared the secluded haven, my heart hammering a frantic rhythm against my ribs.

Stepping onto the powdery sand, I was met by the Bahamian sun, casting long, menacing shadows across the seemingly deserted beach. The mansion, once a symbol of luxury, now loomed like a silent sentinel, its grand facade offering no answers to the questions plaguing my mind.

"Vihaan!" I called out. My voice echoed across the stillness, bouncing off the empty walls of the mansion. The only response was the rustle of palm leaves whispering secrets in the salty breeze. Frustration lodged itself in my throat as if someone was asking me to swallow a bitter pill.

"Damn you, Malhotra!" I hissed, my voice laced with venom. "Show yourself, you coward!"

The silence mocked me, its weight pressing down on my chest, suffocating. Just as I was about to retrace my steps, a glint of light caught my eye.

An envelope was nestled amongst the vibrant flowers bordering a secluded pathway. My heart lurched.

Ripping it open, I devoured the message scrawled within:

"Trace the arrow of love back to my heart, or brace yourself for the pull of irresistible passion!"

An arrow, drawn with a flourish, pointed towards the path above the flower bed. My breath hitched. What is he up to? Did he think I was some lovesick fool, ready to follow his breadcrumbs?

"Forget it, Malhotra," I spat out, my voice laced with anger and fear. But my resolve wavered. What if Divirath was in danger? What if Vihaan had done something to him? The Malhotras had a past I didn't want to repeat.

My legs moved before my mind could catch up. I followed the arrows, each one a mocking reminder of my helplessness, leading me deeper into the maze Vihaan had crafted.

The pathway culminated at a gazebo, adorned with an unsettling beauty. Soft lights twinkled like malevolent eyes, casting an ethereal glow on the scene.

And there he stood, Vihaan, his silhouette a dark monolith against the vast canvas of the ocean. His eyes, usually sparkling with mischief, were feasting the vastness of the ocean as his back faced me.

The gazebo which was meant to be a haven, felt like a trap. And I walked right into it like a damn fool!

"Where is Divirath?" I demanded, my voice trembling with a mixture of terror and defiance. "What have you done to him?"

The acrid tang of cigarette smoke hung heavy in the air, mingling with the salty spray of the ocean. Vihaan flicked the ash, watching it dance on the wind before dissolving into oblivion. He took another drag, savoring the burn while I watched his back muscles hunching with each move.

He was enormous!

"Vihaan! I'm talking to you!" My voice, ragged with fear and frustration, cut through the silence. "Where. Is. Divirath?"

His response was slow, deliberate. He turned, but not towards me. His gaze remained fixed on the horizon, seemingly oblivious to my presence. My furrowed brows, etched with impatience, relaxed in confusion.

"Who are you?" I asked, scanning the surroundings for any sign of Vihaan. My heart skipped a beat as panic clawed at my throat.

"Sawai Rajeev Singh Chouhan, at your service, Ma'am. I'll be your chauffeur for the day," came a deep, gravelly voice. I narrowed my eyes at the man I didn't recognize. Broad-shouldered, dark-eyed, with a glint in his gaze that sent shivers down my spine.