Chapter 18 Knock Knock

The horrible storm only lasted until about three in the morning, finally stopping its assault, and UA was restored to a peaceful state. The sun would rise early in the morning, puddles of water and moisture everywhere. Once the sun rose properly into the sky, the students would head out of their dorm houses, relieved that they could finally leave and enjoy some fresh air after being cooked up inside for the entirety of yesterday. All in all, everything was peaceful, and everyone was sure to rise early to enjoy it.

Everyone, that said, except for the Class B dorm house. Everyone had slept in that day, either from exhaustion from stress or just needing some time to themselves. After they returned from the helicopter and landed safely at UA, they immediately being checked by the medic and Recovery Girl to check on their condition. Aizawa who was among the group that came to greet them came looking at the student situation since Vlad who's the homeroom of the class was absent. But when he counted the number, he realized that he was missing one person in the group.

He then came to ask where is Homura sensei, only to get a reply by a muffled sound of crying coming from Kendo who was choking from her tears. By then, he noticed what was happening to him while having a shocked expression the same as the teacher who greeted them.

After being cleared by Recovery Girl, they were allowed to return to the dorm and were reminded to drink a lot of water and get some rest. But neither of them discussed what happened that night, of course, it was on the minds of everyone in the house, but it had been an unspoken agreement not to discuss it with each other.

Kendo who look devastated than anyone else went to her room in silence not talking to anyone else. The rest of them wanted to try to console her situation but none of them had anything to say since they all had nothing to say that can ease her worried.

The morning had passed and everyone had already come downstairs for some breakfast, but none of them were in their usual cheery self. No longer they could hear Monoma rambling about how their class was gonna beat the opposite class A or hear Kamakiri complaining about who drank the last milk in the refrigerator or Setsuna cracking up a few morning jokes to earn a few laughs.

The class remains down almost holding the same atmosphere as a funeral session. None of them looked energized, almost feeling all tired from the lack of sleep, while eating in silence. After they were finished, they placed their dish back in the sink but didn't wash it while sitting in the living room in silence. The class is sitting around looking depressed and absentminded, still shaken up after their traumatic vacation experience, but most importantly they are still unable to cope with the loss of their teacher.

Principal Nezu had given them a week off from school, giving them some time to process the matter while telling them that Hound Dog is always available for them if there's anyone who needs counseling, but that info doesn't seem to register under their mind at that time.

So right now, they were stuck in their depression state wallowing in regret over what happened while thinking that all of this was nothing but a sick nightmare.

.

.

.

.

"You can't find anything regarding his location?"

Aizawa is sitting on the chair inside the warehouse where Izuku lives and comes to ask Masamori who's looking through his computer on his last location on his ankle monitor.

"Nothing. I can't find any trace of his location before the time when he fell from the class testimony." Masamori came to check on his computer trying to triangulate his position.

"We established a perimeter and called Endeavour to help exterminate the dead people, but according to the ground team, they still haven't found any traces of Izuku anywhere in the forest." Nezu announced, "They installed an energy sphere within a five-mile radius and the satellite still hasn't found any sign of life in there."