1

* just a quick author's note: the before and after  is related to when possession happens

-thank you

                                                                           Part I                                                                         before                                                 California, March 3, 1978

The school bell rang with a loud shrill, announcing the lunch hour. Emma put her notebook and pencils in her bag and anxiously waited for Emily, where she was to meet her outside the library.'Emma, I'm glad you waited,' she said, giving her a half hug, and they walked to the long cafeteria line. 'So,' Emma smiled, 'was skipping Algebra worth stalking Brandon?' Emily lightly smacked her hand, and they both laughed. 'Shh... you're being too loud... but yes, it was worth it.'The two girls obtained their lunch and sat at the circular white cafeteria table.Emma unwrapped her school turkey sandwich and took a bite. 'My mom said you can sleep over tomorrow after school, however, she doesn't want us to watch The Exorcist when she's not there.' Emily rolled her eyes.'I already rented it out on VHS; it's sitting in my bag,' she said, taking it out with her still-gloved hand. 'All my allowance money went towards it.' Emma fidgeted in her seat, finishing the last of her sandwich and starting on her fruit cup. 'I don't know, I heard people can get possessed after seeing it.''You're acting ridiculous, Emma. My brother and his friends watched it; they're not any weirder than they usually are.' Emily dumped her half-eaten food in the trash and put her pink coat back on. 'Anyways, if we don't watch it, I'll probably watch it at Nancy's sleepover next Saturday.''Wait, she's having one? I didn't get an invite.' Emily shrugged and grabbed her bag. 'She probably forgot to give you one.' She bid Emma goodbye and started walking to English as the school bell rang, announcing the end of the lunch hour.Emma shivered slightly as a breeze from an open window nearby rustled her hair, cleaning up her eaten lunch and walking to history.Nancy and her three friends were sitting in the back of the class, and giggled when Emma walked in. Sure, her shoes weren't the newest, while Nancy wore the newest platforms most popular in middle school.Emma had a feeling she didn't get an invite, and it wasn't because Nancy forgot.