So Much Hides Behind Such A Carefree Smile

JUST SO YOU KNOW THAT TSUKASA WAS PUT IN A SPARE ROOM RIGHT NEXT TO RUI'S. HE BASICALLY WILL BE LIVING THEIR TEMPORARILY BUT GETTING SHITTY TREATMENT, OKAY?

(This is just an excuse for my lovelies to be near each other at all times because I know that this isn't what happens in reality.)

Rui woke up one morning to the sound of piano. Though the Prince was never fond of getting woken up by anyone other than himself, the way the piano was played brought him a sense of comfort and relaxation as though maybe he might even fall back asleep...

But of course, that wasn't an option as he took notice it was almost breakfast.

Rui: I can guess that many commoners of this kingdom can stay asleep up until 10 before eating their own food of choice...

He looked at the clock that showed 7:30 and groaned as he got up from his bed and studied his reflection in the mirror. He looked horrifying. He stood up before he froze in his steps as he heard the door bursting open.

Tsukasa: I'm deeply sorry, Your Highness!

He bowed ever so aggressively. Even Rui was stunned at how his neck didn't snap.

Tsukasa: I only just took notice that my playing could have woken you up! I'm very sorry! And I'm very sorry for barging into your room without permission aswell!!!!

He bowed even deeper, Rui began to worry that he was going to fall forwards...that would, however, be an amusing sight. He looked at the bowing Tsukasa, at his reflection in the mirror, then back at Tsukasa. He felt so improper with his appearance in front of this boy, he should be expressing an imagery of elegance and beauty...Not someone who looks like their science experiment just exploded...

He walked up to Tsukasa and lifted him up from his deep bow so that he stands straight.

Rui: It is quite alright. Yes, the piano may have woken me up...but I must say, your skills at playing the piano are truly amazing. I can't say I wasn't impressed, it was quite a relaxing tune.

Tsukasa's smile brightened at the taller's compliment and his eyes sparkled. Getting a compliment like that from the prince himself? Maybe God loves him after all...

Tsukasa: Thank you so much, Your Highness!!!! If you would like, I could play you a piece anytime His Highness would like! Yet again, I'm sorry for waking you up!

Rui: Fufu, you're quite a loud one, aren't you? Ah, and are you practicing for my parents, perhaps? You're awake quite early and there seems to be no other reason why you should be. Breakfast is brought to you much later.

Tsukasa: Mhm! I need to make it perfect so that I can impress them enough! You heard me play, do you think they'll be impressed?

Rui heard that there was a slight uncertainty in his words, as if he truly feared the judgement of Rui's parents. Rui gave him a smile.

Rui: My parents are quite easy to please. With those piano skills, you'll be sure to please them, do not fret.

Tsukasa: Right! Thank you! Ah, what about Her Highness Princess Mafuyu, do you think I woke her up?

Rui: I very much doubt she even sleeps.

Tsukasa: Ah... Well then she should rest! Going so long without sleep is unhealthy!

Rui: I would say the same about you.

There was a silence as Tsukasa was slightly taken aback by the words before he looked down. It was difficult for Rui tell what expression he had on, but he could've guessed that his words made him think.

Tsukasa: I-I'll try, Your Highness. It's not easy... After all, even if I tried, my mind won't stop swirling with the thoughts of improving or my siblings back at home...

He then looked up at Rui's concerned expression and cleared his throat

Tsukasa: But I won't let something as small as that interrupt me of giving the most outstanding performance to this Royal Family! HAHAHA! Farewell, Your Highness!

Rui: Farewe-

But Tsukasa had already left. Rui looked out the door where he left in concern before his eyes fell on Emu, Nene and Mafuyu

Nene: You spoke with that goofball looking like that?

Rui: Heh, well, he didn't seem to mind...

Mafuyu: You never know what people hide, he might be thinking bad about you or himself. You never know.

Rui shot Mafuyu a glance. Is there any time where the mood could've gotten a bit brighter, for once?

Emu: He plays really well! He's loud as well! Do you think we can do a contest on who can say 'Wonderhoi' the loudest?! I think he's cool! Right, Nene-Chan?

Nene: Uhm...r-right...

Rui smiled. Thank God for Emu, not everything has to be so depressing and tiring when she's around. Nene sure has found herself a good girlfriend. He looked at the knights then at Mafuyu, then he gave a nervous chuckle.

Rui: I should get ready then. Nene, how long do I have?

Nene: 15 minutes. Good luck.

Rui: Thank you.

He said insincerely. However, despite all these sarcastic and rude exchanges (mostly from Nene), they are still best friends. That won't change.

However, when everyone left and Rui was getting ready...his mind kept swarming with thoughts about Tsukasa. That time when Rui mentioned his selflessness, or when Tsukasa mentioned his own siblings, there was pure sadness in his eyes. He also looked...tired... Will he really be able to survive it here? Rui knows how insistent and demanding his parents can be... Rui hopes Tsukasa won't tire himself out too much.

Mafuyu was right about one thing. You never know what someone's hiding...and Tsukasa looked quite determined to cover that sadness up quickly, and succeeded. This raised Rui's concerns more.

Rui: I'll keep an eye on him.

He vowed.