Alone? I can't allow that.

It was the day of the Ball.

Finally.

Rui had Nene help prepare him because apparently 'he doesn't know style.'

He can dress just fine!

After Nene was done, she sighed in relief.

Nene: I'm finally done with you.

She said, rolling her eyes at Rui. He chuckled.

Rui: Yes, thank you Nene.

He replied as she left his room. He then picked up the star mechanism that was on the table. He tested it out the night before, it works without flaw. A proud smirk played on his lips.

•    •    •

Rui got at the Ball, fixing up his suit. His parents were busy talking with some other rulers currently. Oh well, it's usually the princesses and princes dancing instead of the Kings and Queens anyway.

Mizuki wasn't here either.

However, his eyes then fell on a boy who had finished hugging two people. One who's hair colour was just like Tsukasa's, instead her hair was put in pigtails, probably the 'Saki' he mentioned. The other one, on the other hand, looked nothing like Tsukasa, but Rui recognised him.

Toya, one of Mizuki's knights.

He decided to 'walk around', to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Saki: Happy birthday, brother! I missed you so much! I can't believe your birthday is at the Ball!

Tsukasa: Ha ha! Yes! After all, I am the lucky star!!

Tsukasa exclaimed, posing. Rui chuckled quietly in amusement as he continued to secretly eye them.

Toya: I wish you the best of luck, Tsukasa. I'm sure you'll do great.

Tsukasa: Toya, you're looking at someone who got accepted by the Royal family! I have enough luck and encouragement!

He patted Toya's shoulder.

Tsukasa: But I'm grateful nevertheless for your words!

Rui smiled to himself, before pausing.

Birthday?!

It was Tsukasa's birthday today?! Holy shit, he hasn't been informed! Why hasn't he been informed?!?!?

•    •    •

Most people danced at the soft melody of Tsukasa's playing. Rui uncomfortably held Mizuki as they awkwardly danced.

Mizuki: Gods, I can't take this.

She muttered.

Mizuki: Rui, I'm running off to my future wife.

She claimed, determined while pulling away. Rui sighed in relief, taking out his star-shaped recording mechanism.

He adjusted the volume and the time and waited for Tsukasa to get to that moment.

He slowly walked behind him as he played, placing the mechanism on the side of the piano. Tsukasa was clearly distracted for a second but instantly went back to playing.