It's My Choice to Take

{THANK YOU FOR 1.05K READS?!? I THOUGHT IT WAS A SHIT FANFIC BUT I'LL CONTINUE FOR YOUR SAKE IG- 😭}

Rui was not prepared to see his parents next morning. He didn't even want to stand up from the bed.

Why did it have to be him.
Why did it have to be this family.
Why did it have to be this choice...

Tsukasa had left, though he didn't know if it was by will or by force.

He sighed and fixed himself up before getting out to the corridor. Nene wasn't here yet...maybe she was late? Ah, maybe she's with his parents already...shit.

He walked over to the table. It was never lively, but today it was deathly quiet. He sat on the table, not even daring to look at his parents.

Queen: We're disappointed.

Rui: Thought so.

There was silence again. Then Rui thought to himself: why the heck was he putting his head down? Who cares if his dad is a King, he's a Prince! He's the heir! He's not going to back down because he likes a boy! That's bullshit!

Rui: And I don't give a shit if you are. Tenma, in my eyes, is a beauty worth my heart and being. I will not let him go for my status. I'd much rather let my status go for him.

His tone was firm as he looked dead in the eyes of his father. He knew how much the King cared for Rui's position as the next King, and Rui wanted to show, in his face, what his priorities are.

And it was, without a doubt, Tsukasa.

The King's eyes widened greatly, just as Rui wanted. Surprise motherfucker.

King: You can't just throw away your future for some stupid- agh- boy!

Rui's expression gave out a sense of disgust at the way his father barely managed to bring out the word 'boy'. It should not be that hard-!

Queen: Son, re think your choices.

King: I will not allow my son to dirty our name because he wants to be a homosexual. A disgrace.

Rui's eyes twitched. He always showed some set of respect for his father when he was a young boy. What a mistake. How much he wanted to punch this old man there and then.

King: You should take after your sister.

That pissed him off the most. He had enough. Rui stood up, smacking his hands on the table.

Rui: Maybe before you go fucking assuming how oh so perfect your daughter is, go get your guidebook on mental health and maybe comfort us someday! Maybe be there for us at some point!

Rui left the table, cursing every word he knew at his father under his breath.

Why did he stick around in this stupid palace anyway?

He slammed the door of his room and did something he was more than glad to do:

Pack up.

. . .

Nene: Kamishiro?

Rui: I'm not changing my mind.

Rui's tone has gotten bitter. He needed time to calm himself down and hasn't been this pissed in ages.

Even Mafuyu and Emu came. Mafuyu, though he expression around him was usually dead, she seemed to feel a huge amount of guilt

Mafuyu: I'm sorry I didn't say anything at the table.

Rui slightly softened.

Rui: It's fine, it's fine don't worry. You go love your 'prince' while I'll go love my star.

He then looked at Emu and put his suitcases down, extending open arms to her. Emu leaped in, her eyes filled with tears and endlessly rolling down her cheeks.

Emu: Can you not bring him here?! Your parents are jerks! I don't want you to go! You have to come back! You'll at least visit, right?! Promise...?

Rui sighed with a soft smile.

Rui: Yes, yes, I promise. Now, time to get the fuck out of this hell because I cannot endure this any longer.

He proudly walked to the front door of the palace, turned to look at his parents on the throne then gave the most insincere bow before mouthing slowly:

Rui: Fuck . You .

Then left, slamming the massive palace gates shut, leaving his parents dumbfounded. Suits them well

. . .

Rui stood in the middle of absolutely nothing. Just the ground, a few buildings, fields somewhere in the corner. He was pissed he didn't even think that far... what was he even supposed to do now?!? He didn't have a clue where Tsukasa was, where does he even look? Who knows where he could be...?

Toya!

In Mizuki's Palace!

Rui looked to the farther distance where their palace would be. He didn't have a carriage now so he had to walk all the way... worth it. If it was for Tsukasa, anything is worth it. He'll even apologise!

With full determination, he made his way towards their Kingdom. It will be a deathly long walk. Ah, he's sure to find a ride on the way! If he gets tired enough, someone is bound to notice!

.       .       .

He arrived at the palace gates, his knees trembling. He never walked so much, he's surprised he even survived!

No one gave him a ride, how outrageous.

But he arrived in the end, so at least that was something...

He slowly walked to the palace gates, tripping over himself as he heaved his body to get into the palace.

He looked at the gates, and his heart sank. He was hallucinating! He was so tired that his mind begged to reach Mizuki's Kingdom that...

He went the wrong way!

He has somehow managed to get to a whole other Kingdom! This wasn't even Mizuki's palace!

Rui's vision went blank.