Chapter 10: We've seen everything from Saturn to Mars

Narrator's POV

" Helga, please get me gin & tonic with lime, NOW, " Charlotte said.

Charlie Fay Owen aka Charlotte Faye Monroe-David, is a New York fashion designer for Saks Fifth Avenue, a public relations executive for Alexis & Georgia Magazine, and an interior decorator for Lee Ellis Designs. She became one of the most prominent fashion designers and one of the highest-paid actresses in the United States, but her films began losing money. By the end of the 1930s, she was labeled "Satan in Salvatore Ferragamo, ".

" Darling, what have I told you ever since you were little, we Monroe women must never birth or produce a child...I mean come on I know that you dream about having a family of your own with the love of your life but I knew that Ethan didn't want to have kids with someone like you, he left you...You need to understand that you are just a little girl who thinks she is a woman but you're not a woman, you're my progeny of the fame

" You know, I want to know something, mother, "

" What is it, Dearest, " Charlotte said

" Why did you have me, " I asked

" Because I wanted a child. Because I wanted someone to love, I wanted Diana Spencer of Beverly Hills, Maybe I did it for a little extra publicity, but you know that's not true,"

" Don't you act for me? I wanna know," Gracelynn said.

" Look here, you unworthy little slut....I don't ask much from you, girl. Why can't you give me the respect that I'm ENTITLED TO, I gave you this beautiful life that every little girl would dream or die to have and now here you are telling me that I'm going to be a grandmother...you better be at the clinic tomorrow, You are thoughtless and selfish and way worst you're stupid. You must learn to think about other people like me," She said, I looked at her and then I grabbed her drink from Helga and splashed it onto her face saying " You know ever since your new husband came into our lives, I always knew that through books I have lived a zillion lives . . . my vicarious way to feel alive while your husband was laying on top of me every Saturday and on your birthday, but like you always say Mothers make the rules of society, fame, and sex, not Daughters, " Gracelynn walked away and she went into her car and started to cry until she heard her phone ringing, it was Cassie.

" How did it go with the Red Queen," Cassie asked

" Well, she still a bitch, what's up," She asked

" Someone in the name of Bianca Taylor is here to talk to you," Cassidy said

" I'll be there in two hours, " Gracelynn said,

As I faced the windshield, something flashed across my vision.

A swirl of black.

And a sound followed one I couldn't quite distinguish.

But then it hit me.

It was brakes.

Screeching.

From the car that was coming right at me.

My eyes widened.

It didn't matter that it tried to slow down.

It was moving fast.

Too fast.

There was no way out of this.

It was going to hit me .

"AHHH!" I shouted again.

But I was already reacting, yanking the steering wheel to the right, sending me toward the side of the road.