Chapter 12: The Breakdown/ Meeting Eleanora

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧 𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐨𝐞

" Was that a cramp?" Cassidy said.

"Yeah just some pain, I'm okay."

"You're holding your stomach, is that where the pain was?" Cassidy

"Yeah but," I stopped as I felt another cramp.

'Gracie, what's going on?" Laura asked

" Well, at least I know why he isn't answering." Kyle grabs his phone.

'I'm okay, it's probably no big deal."

"Are you sure? Maybe we should go to the hospital."

"No, I'm okay." I felt the third cramp and grabbed Cassidy's arm tightly. "Okay, maybe we should go just in case."

"Yeah okay, get to the car and I'll get Dodge inside."

I nodded my head and headed straight for the car that was still waiting in the driveway. Cassidy drove the A6 more than any other car so it was stunned that Derrick bought her the car on her birthday.

We rode the rest of the way in silence and sat in the ER's waiting room in silence, just holding hands while both of our minds raced.

'Miss Gracelynn Avery Monroe." a nurse called

I stood up and followed them back with Cassidy right behind me as they went through all of the standard testing. "What seems to be the issue, Miss Gracelynn?"

"I was just having some cramps in my stomach and we just wanted to be sure that everything was okay."

"You're 12 weeks pregnant right?"

"Yes."

"It's usually a big deal but let's listen for your baby's heartbeat just in case. Did you see your doctor for your 12-week appointment yet?" she asked as she got the machine set up

"Yes, we just saw the doctor and they said everything was good and the heartbeat was strong."

'That's good." She started the machine and started looking for the heartbeat but it was just static noise. After a minute she spoke again.

"There is no heartbeat."

"What? We just heard the heartbeat four days ago?" I asked as my whole body filled with panic

"It seems you're having a miscarriage, Miss Gracelynn, I'm so sorry."

"No, there's no way."

I felt the tears streaming down my face but I couldn't bring myself to look at Cassidy who was just tightly holding my hand. "There are a few options for you. You could let it happen naturally but it may take a few days or even weeks or we could give you medicine that will help speed the process along which is usually over in a matter of hours. If neither of those work then there's a procedure that will need to take place. You can have some time to think it over if you need."

'I don't give me the medicine," I said blankly

The doctor nodded and left the room. "Cassie, get Adonis"

𝔸𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕕 - Two Hours Ago...

"I'm here!" Adonis yells as he sprints into the waiting room.

" I'm here for Gracelyn Monroe, "

" She's in Room 145, and before you go in there, Miss Gracelynn had a miscarriage, she was trying to get in contact with you, " I walked by her hospital window, she was staring at the window and then she turned towards me and then she started to break down holding her arms out.