8

The Truth About Alex Reynolds (Part 3)

~*~

Aristotle also noted that crystalline spheres made of aether held the celestial bodies.

-Aristotle's System of Classical Elements.

(Wikipedia)
~*~

Banished.

The one word that was stuck in my mind. Banished did not mean dead. Banished was far from dead. Dead means not alive, living, breathing.

"Banished?" I asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Well...yeah. Joel was banished. Still living, but not really." She answered.

"Not really? That's not dead." I deadpanned.

"I know. I know. But it was better to tell you he was dead so you wouldn't worry about him. Now you're going to think about Joel and his stupidity. And you'll most likely going to do something stupid." She ranted.

"Hey hold up. I'm not going to look for him. He did what he did. He's done." I said stopping her.

"Mina. With what I'm telling you, you might." She sighed looking at me. "I know you Mina. You're like my little sister, not Crystal, but another little sister. I know what goes through your head, how your thought process works. I wouldn't be your teacher for nothing."

"Wait. Why are you my teacher Alex?" I asked confused.

I never understood how she was able to teach me.

"I'm getting to that. First let me domain talking about Joel. About what happened all those years ago. After Crystal told me what she had done we went back to our home...

~*~

"Joel! Joel. Oh my gosh." I yelled running to his lifeless body. "Crystal, what happened?"

"I-I don't know. First he was acting all strange, well that was an understatement. He was really weird Al. He kept saying that I couldn't leave. That I'd get what was coming to me. I didn't understand." She whispered.

"What happened after that?" I asked staring at her fragile state.

"He-he...did it again."

"It?" I asked squinting my eyes.

"My mind. He uses it against me. My powers."

Uses it against her.

"Crys. What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"She means, older sister, that I control her mind."

I gasped turning towards Joel. He's alive.

"J-Joel." I whispered, as I took in his standing form.

"You didn't really believe she could kill me, did you?" He asked smirking.

"What are you talking about Joel?" I asked confused.

"That power should be mine! Not hers. She doesn't deserve it in the least!" He yelled floating up.

My eyes widened and in an instant Crystal was in front of me.

"Don't. You. Dare. Hurt. Alex." She growled electricity shooting to her palms.

In that moment I took notice of her, I actually looked at her. Her brown hair flowed around her like a wave, a wave being scratched by pink wisps. Her stance was protective yet brave, a strange attribute that she held. Strange but glorious in the least.