𝐱. i need a shovel to love him

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The midday light streams in through the window of Oliver's bedroom. The clock by his bed shows that it's nearly noon. He did not wake to any alarm but to the sound of shrieking outside which awoke both him and Alexandra who was still locked gently in his arms.

"What's happened?" She mumbled sleepily, trying to hide from the sun as she blinked awake. "Why is there shouting?"

"I don't know." Oliver said as the two left their bed, Alexandra still in her dress from the night before and Oliver wrapped in Felix's dressing gown as they left the room.

They walk, bewildered through the debris, towards the sound of the shouting. Duncan and a few household staff are searching. Alexandra rushes up to Duncan, her eyes wide with confusion.

"Duncan, what's happened?" She asked desperately as the butler looked down at her, his eyes softening at the young girl. "Where's my brother?"

"That is exactly what we're trying to find out, Miss Alexandra." The butler said. "Mr Felix has not been seen since last night. There is no sign of him anywhere on the grounds."

It was then that they heard Elspbeth scream from deep within the maze and Alexandra flinches at the sound.

Duncan freezes. A momentary glimpse of emotion from him. Utter devastation. He covers it, and walks towards the garden.

"Come Miss Alexandra, we must attend to your mother."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Farleigh and Venetia stumble in first, Lexi close behind. Venetia crashes to the ground, blocking Alexandra's view as Farleigh tries to hold her. Then Sir James arrives, walking slowly. A look of total confusion, total incomprehension on his face.

Finally, Oliver staggers in.

Sir James falls to his knees by the body. Stroking Felix's face.

"Darling, darling boy." Sir James says, hugging he body which still had his angel wings upon his back. "My darling boy."

It was then that Alexandra noticed her twins body, motionless on the grass f the maze they had grown up playing together in. The maze on the grounds of the house where they had been born.

"No." She whispered, stepping forward past a wailing Venetia and Farleigh and falling on the opposite side of Felix's body from her father. "Dad, why isn't he moving?"

"He's just cold, dear." Sir James says with the most sensible tone of voice he could muster. "Foolish boy, didn't come out here with a jumper on."

"He wasn't supposed to go first." Alexandra said quietly, running her hands through Felix's hair. "Farleigh, we need to bring him inside. He didn't want to go first. He wanted to go last, in his bed. Like we talked about."

"Lexi..." Farleigh called out between sobs. "I don't think we can move him. I think the police -"

That was when Elspbeth stepped in.

"Yes. Yes. Come away, my darlings..." She said, going to walk out of the maze. "It's nearly lunch."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The family sit around the table in silence. Elspeth and Sir James eat. Lips stiffened. Shocked into total denial. Farleigh stares disbelievingly at his untouched shepherd's pie. Venetia, self-medicated into oblivion, stares at the wall.