᪥𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒅 12 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒍𝒅᪥

𝑩𝒆𝒊 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 ☾︎☁︎

𝑩𝒆𝒊 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 ☾︎☁︎

        I never got used to the coldness of the North Pole. I was about to get hypothermia. Today was like any normal day accept it was mine and Yue's 16th birthday.

        I would've been excited but I never had any birthday celebration. It was always Yue this Yue that. No matter how obvious the favouritsm is towards her, I never resented her.

        She was someone I was with since we were in the womb, literally. I looked outside my balcony to gaze upon the numerous icebergs and sigh.

        My day dreaming was cut short by Yue who barged into my room unannounced. She engulfed me into a tight embrace.

        "Happy birthday, Bee!" she shouts , defeaning me. Bee was my nickname given by her.

         "You too!" I laugh, pulling away from her embrace.

          "We are now of age and can be married" she says. I shiver in disgust. "Father is never going to marry me off if I can't help it" I say as determined as I can.

         The truth was, I did overhear him discuss with a warrior's family about an arranged marriage. Yue smiles sadly at me. I didn't like the situation we were both in and I was going to find out a way to get us out of it.

❄︎☃︎❄︎

          Me and Yue decided to take a canoe ride around the North Pole that day. It took some convicing for my father to let me roam around with Yue but it worked. We were chatting until we saw a flying bison in the distance.

          I immediately stopped chatting amd gawked at the bison with no shame. On the bison, there were 2 normal looking people and 1 person who had a huge arrow on his head.

         Who let him get that awful tattoo? He was going to regret that. The other boy with hair was staring at Yue with no shame. I elbow Yue and gesture to the boy with the ponytail.

         "He was eyeing you for 5 seconds straight" she laughs. "He's actually kind of cute" I gasp dramatically.

          "Cheating on your husband already!" I exclaim theatratically. She laughs and playfully hits my arm. "It's not like that".

           Up until night fall me and Yue were chatting in our rooms gossiping about Master Pakku. Apparently, he had a missing girlfriend and I'm praying that woman stays far far away.

            At night, there was a celebration for Yue's birthday and the arrival of the avatar at the capital. I sat next to my father with Yue on his right side. They placed a large chunk of meat to be steamed in the middle of the courtyard.

             My father stood up suddenly. "Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the southern tribe." he pauses to smile at their table