᪥𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒉𝒊𝒐᪥

𝑩𝒆𝒊 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 ☾︎☁︎

𝑩𝒆𝒊 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 ☾︎☁︎

These past few days, I had a few achievements. I managed to convince my dearest sister into becoming friends with her not-really-ex-boyfriend.

I also managed to figure out a plan to run away. A little birdie told me they were having a festival for Aang's departure to do...avatar stuff.

The little birdie being the servants I eavesdropped on. I thought of me and Yue running away with the trio so then we could finally be free from everything.

But, today...today is boring as hell. I have to third wheel Yue and Sokka while strolling around the Northern Watertribe.

I was zoning out until Yue started giggling and putting a hand on his shoulder. "Sokka, this is wrong..". I look at her with a 'what the f*ck' look.

"What's wrong? We're taking a walk" he says realistically. "I'm engaged.." she says and I shot her a look. Not for long.

"I know what you need", despite being rejected he was upbeat. "You need to meet my good friend, Appa".

They start heading to where the livestock were and I shouted from behind, "You know what? You two go ahead. I'll just be walking around".

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Yue asked. I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes. "Are you seriously asking me that?".

She smiles at me and follows Sokka. I smile while I watch their figures slowly getting farther away. Sokka is good for Yue. He would give her the life she deserved.

I took the chance to practice my lightning bending. I took a hike up to some snowy mountains. Sometimes, the best way to bend lightning is at high altitudes. I learned this the hard way.

I take off my gloves and immediately feel the cold air nip at my fingertips. I put the satin blindfold over my eyes and breathe out in an attempt to relax.

I focus on the sounds of the winds soft howling and the coldness on my fingertips. Suddenly, the cold disappears and was replaced with heat.

I take a stance and strike into the clouds causing the sound to echo throughout the mountains. I do it again and again feeling more adrenaline bubble inside of me.

That was when something wet fell on my face. I took off my blindfold and felt on my face. Unlike snow, it wasn't cold. It felt like the faintest of warm and, it wasn't white either.

It was soot.

❄︎☃︎❄︎

I hear the gongs banging in the distance. Not 16 years in my life had I ever heard that bang. The feeling of dread slowly started to fill me and I hastily trekked down the mountain.

I rushed into the capital, chest heaving and took my place at my father's left hand side. I look at Yue in confusion but, she's just looking down at her hands.