O1O | POISON

"i'll be your poison, i'll
take you out of that head
of yours..."

CHAPTER TEN
【 POISON 】

"i feel you deep in my skin,i can't let you in but you'rewhat i need

i can't let you in but you're
what i need..."

IN WHICH...

DAVID goes to his best friendDARRIAN to explain how confessing to NELLIEhad went

DARRIAN to explain how
confessing to NELLIE
had went...

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID, BRO..." DAVID held his head in his hands. he wasn't crying but he was close to it. david could say over and over he didn't know what he did wrong because he didn't. it just felt like nellie was stalling or holding back on him.

"damn..." darrian was in shock at the run-down. darrian could tell that this was hard. it was hard for him in a way. if it was anyone but nellie, he knew he would've told dd to go and find a new girl. but this was nellie. their best friend nellie who did this. "fuck, bro..."

"it's like she didn't even explain why at all. she just said we couldn't." david heard the girl's word loop in his head. it was a perfect day turned into a disaster.

"i love you but it's not gonna work out."

darrian placed his phone down as he rolled himself a blunt. david was doing the same with shaking hands. he would've thought to go in his brother's room to clear his head since it usually worked but he hadn't moved from where nellie had left him.

" she said 'it's not gonna work out' like how wouldn't it? like what does she mean?" david had never been this upset about a girl ever to the point where he didn't even hear how obsessed he sounded. he took a long hit of his blunt.

"i don't know, man." darrian answered as he finished rolling his own. "i don't think you should take it to heart, bro. if she didn't fuck with you she would've have fucked around with you for so long."

david furrowed his eyebrows, "whatchu mean?"

"nigga, do you think i'm dumb? me and chris know y'all been fuckin and shit bro."

"huh?"

"dd, stop playin' bro." darrian side-eyed the phone before he continued. "y'all was obvious since you ain't ever seem upset at her being with somebody else, but that's not what im sayin'. dd, she trusts you. if she didn't, she wouldn't have gave it up if she didn't."

dd nodded as his best friend spoke, "you shouldn't have to wait for her but she maybe need time from that fanned out bitch danielle or whatever ha name is."

david didn't say it but he would wait forever for her if that's what it took. forever would be a long time but it would be worth it for him. darrian knew that's how david felt as did christie and even nellie herself. this was more than a kindergarten crush now. he was in love.

theee days later
the alamilla household

"huh?!" christianna let out when nellie had broke the news to her. the brunette girl almost felt nauseous. "what the fuck do you mean you're leavin'?"

"my aunt needs help with the kids and my mom or mari can't. i'm the only choice." nellie explained. it was hard to keep it from christie for so long since there was suitcases at the door for nellie.

"why didn't you tell me before?"

"i haven't talked to anyone in days." nellie shrugged. "i just didn't know how to phrase it or tell you forreal plus what happened with dd. i couldn't think."

"darrian told me." christie could say she didn't feel the best about hearing what happened from her boyfriend instead of her best friend but she understood what happened with feelings with nellie. the girl would much literally shut down if things got to be too much. "that boy really loves you."

nellie fell back into her pillows with a sigh. "everyone keeps saying that."

"cause it's true, but what most people are missing is that you're scared of it. you gotta stop being scared, nellie." christie looked at the girl. nellie sighed again and sat up. "dd isn't like danielle or anyone you've been with. you trust him. he trusts you too. you can't be scared of love that has presented itself and that you've accepted in someway."

nellie nodded, before she chuckled a little. "you startin' to sound like my mom."

"she's a smart woman, listen to her."

"i can't talk to him now...i'ma give him his space, until i'm ready."

"don't wait too long, nel."

tt's cornerit's been a while i know

tt's corner
it's been a while i know...i just lost
motivation and stuff but TRUST. i'm back y'all
and shit is about to get crazy.