{Same as before?}

Hi! I put in a lot of effort in this chapter. Effort meaning I continuously wrote for 5 hours😭 At this point I expect you to vote and comment.

Vote- 130
Comment- 75

♤~~~♤ ♤~~~♤

Ishika~

Standing at the corner of the hall she looked at the couple taking their seven rounds around the fire which bound them for life. she once took the rounds too, it gave her more pain but a little happiness.

The happiness of being with the man she already liked. The pain of not being liked by him. She chuckled at the mere thought. Just another day of her being irrational. She was going to end this chapter tonight. She already told Mayra about going home tonight and sadly not attending the reception. a bucket load of assignments and studies was on the top of her head begging to be completed, and she couldn't afford to take risks at this time because she had to survive on her own now. The project with Lakshay bhaiya was her first big step towards independence and she had to give her all.

Looking around she saw everyone in glamorous lehengas and sherwanis. Her Lehenga for today was a shimmery silver which could blind someone in seconds and also weighed a ton. Leaning against the wall with her hands crossed, she watched the two couples happily chatting and wondering how would it feel if her life had been like this.

After what happened with Anirudh the other day she felt the urge to disappear into thin air and never come back. How could have she held back when that man looked like a total Greek God and kissed like one? Call her dumb or stupid but she doesn't care. She knew that herself that it was fucking stupid to kiss he soon-to-be ex-husband and liked it.

Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes. She would be out of here tonight and all this madness would end.

Speaking of the devil himself she felt his presence even by not looking at him. His hot breath trickled through her ear, which erupted tingles on her skin with a low "You look hot".

Gosh, he needs to stop giving her attention. Standing rooted at the place, he played with the strings of her blouse which were falling against her back, twisting and rolling it in place as she appeared to be unfazed by his actions.

"Back off' she said in a stern voice.

"Don't torture yourself. You and I both know that you want me close to you"

This jerk!

She saw Harsh running like a monkey at the far end of the hall. An idea popped into her mind. Now she will show him that she wants to be as far away from him as possible. The only way to escape Anirudh was to go to Harsh. She didn't even take a step before he held the string tightly and wrapped it around his fist.

"Don't even think about going to him. You won't like the consequences"

"What? You will hurt me with a knife like the other time. Not that I will let you do that" She spoke calmly.

He took a deep breath. " I do love a good knife play. Not on you but on him"

"Knife play? What are you a murderer?"

"It's better if you not ask sweetheart," he said.

She gulped. Has he killed people? He wouldn't hurt her, would he?

Damm him. She will throw a big flower vase at his head if he ever does that knife play with her again.

Thankfully Marya needed some help with her dress. Finally, she had a reason to get away with him....