Discovered

As Lan Zhan walked through the back gardens of Cloud Recesses, he thought to himself how much things had changed. He was reluctant to take the appointment of His Excellency, but the other clan leaders insisted. Besides, he would be in a better position to ensure no one ever bothered Wei Ying again. After what Meng Yao had schemed, anything was possible. Like Wei Ying had said, "People only need someone to blame." Lost in his thoughts, he failed to notice that his brother was approaching him from behind. Trying to catch up, his brother Zewu-Jun hurried after Lan Zhan, finally grasping onto his arm. Caught off guard, Lan Zhan turned his head quickly at the person clutching onto him, giving a nod once he confirmed there was no danger. "Wangji," Zewu-Jun continued while panting, "Someone said they saw Wei Wu Xian in Cloud Recesses." Placing his arm behind his back and the other clutching onto his sword, Lan Zhan stood straight as he studied his brother's face. With a concerned, knowing look, Zewu-Jun asked, "Did you know he was here?" Pressing his lips together, he gave a curt nod. Exasperated, Zewu-Jun's shoulders dropped, "Why is he here?" Glancing away, Lan Zhan responded, "I asked him to come."

In these past few days, Zewu-Jun was not himself

In these past few days, Zewu-Jun was not himself. Normally, Zewu-Jun would be the epitome of serenity and tolerance. Lately, he had been melancholy. Since he mistakenly, and mortally, wounded his friend, Zewu-Jun could not forgive himself. It was something that kept him up at night. Wishing that things turned out differently. He lingered on "what ifs." If only Meng Yao had confided in him about the troubles he faced. If only Meng Yao had not acted so callously. If only Meng Yao had not done such diabolical horrors. Although he sympathized with Meng Yao's bad luck, nothing could excuse the fierce revenge he inflicted on so many. Zewu-Jun continued, "I understand that Wei Wu Xian was exonerated from multiple misunderstandings, but people cannot easily forget such hard feelings. Especially, an opinion of a person they have held onto for some time." Lan Zhan sighed at his brother.

Before, he remembered how Zewu-Jun had once been an advocate for Wei-Ying

Before, he remembered how Zewu-Jun had once been an advocate for Wei-Ying. Now, he seemed to be cautious of everybody. Using nonverbal communication, Lan Zhan intensely stared at his brother who was able to read him well. Zewu-Jun's shoulders sank, and his head tilted downward. Looking back up at Lan Zhan, Zewu-Jun gave a lackluster smile and patted his younger sibling on the side of his arm. "Just keep him away from Uncle. You know how he is. I will go say hello to Wei-Ying. Forgive my outburst." Nodding slowly and reverently, Lan Zhan excused his brother and watched after him as he headed to the Cultivation Chamber. Lan Zhan hoped Wei Ying was not still sleeping.

After making the rounds of the Cloud Recesses activities, Lan Zhan headed back towards the Cultivation Chamber

After making the rounds of the Cloud Recesses activities, Lan Zhan headed back towards the Cultivation Chamber. Sometimes he felt as if his relationship with Wei Ying was similar to the one he had with his own mother. That was another relationship that made him feel torn. It was always a connection that he missed terribly. His mother never played by the rules and was a free spirit. It caused her much ridicule and resentment from the other clan members. That is why his father had sealed his mother up in the Cultivation Chamber. It was far away from the other residences, and far from judging stares. He was never certain of what had happened to his mother, and he never bothered to ask. Whenever his mother was brought up in conversation, it would anger his uncle and it wasn't worth the backlash. Pausing outside the archway to the property, he noticed Wei Ying sitting atop a boulder. He sat contemplatively and had not seen Lan Zhan coming up the path. Before proceeding, Lan Zhan gave a quick smirk and looked down at the bottles of Emperor's Smile he had purchased for Wei-Ying. Wei Ying twirled his bamboo flute in his hand and pensively studied it as it maneuvered through his fingers, blissfully unaware of his roommate's approach.

 Wei Ying twirled his bamboo flute in his hand and pensively studied it as it maneuvered through his fingers, blissfully unaware of his roommate's approach