Confessions

Aware of the weight of the conversation and the possible repercussions of his confession, Wei Ying slid off of the roof and landed like a cat on his feet. Lifting the bottle of booze to his lips, he commented before he drank, "Lan Zhan. It is late, and I am tired. I am going to go to sleep now." Now inside the house, Wei Ying brought his hands to his face and covered his eyes briefly. He had waited so long to say those words to Lan Zhan. From the very beginning, Wei-Ling felt a deep affection for Lan Zhan, which is why he pursued their friendship so ardently. The feeling only grew stronger as time lapsed, but he was always afraid of exposing his emotions like that. In their culture, same-sex relationships were frowned upon, and Wei Ying knew how proper Lan Zhan was. No matter what, Lan Zhan was always there to stand by him, to be his savior. He thought for sure that he felt the same way. When Lan Zhan refused to leave with him, Wei Ying had submitted to the fact the Lan Zhan only saw him as a friend, and he had accepted that. But when Lan Zhan asked him to stay with him in Cloud Recesses, it rekindled hope that Lan Zhan did in fact share the same sentiment. Now, he was questioning himself all over again.

Seeing Lan Zhan's ethereal form in his peripheral, Wei Ying stood still. He could hear Lan Zhan's footsteps getting closer to him. "Wei-Ying," Lan Zhan said. There was a noticeable pause before Lan Zhan finished his sentence. "I feel the same way." They were not kids anymore. They were adults, and there was no point trying to pretend that there wasn't more to their relationship. Pivoting on his heel, Wei Ying turned to face Lan Zhan. Seeing the sincerity in his face, the two men stood and stared at each other, communicating with their eyes. Eventually, Wei-Ying's face softened into a smile, and he said teasingly, "Lan Zhan. You scared me. I thought I offended you." In all seriousness, Lan Zhan shook his head affirmatively and stated, "No." Feeling anxious and excited, Wei Ying stepped closer to Lan Zhan until they were face to face. He knew they were going to kiss, and he wondered if this was Lan Zhan's first kiss, which made him smirk at himself for feeling jealous.

 He knew they were going to kiss, and he wondered if this was Lan Zhan's first kiss, which made him smirk at himself for feeling jealous

Simultaneously, both of them leaned in towards one another as their lips touched. Wei -Ying entwined his fingers with Lan Zhan's, and Lan Zhan reciprocated. As Wei Ying probed his tongue into Lan Zhan's mouth, something inside Lan Zhan erupted. The feelings he had when he thought Wei Ying had perished rushed to the forefront of his mind. The longing he had felt all of those years began to emerge. Wei Ying broke free from their kiss and began to trail his lips down Lan Zhan's neck. Lan Zhan let all air expel from his lungs and he felt a heat course through his entire body. After trailing from his neck to his collar bone, Wei Ying relented so he could look up into his lover's eyes. Never before had he seen Lan Zhan express emotion like he was at that moment. Being able to see with his own eyes how Lan Zhan felt about him entranced him, and he let his hands reach under Lan Zhan's robes to pull them down from his shoulders and onto the floor.

As Wei Ying began to pull off his own robe, Lan Zhan clasped onto Wei-Ying's hips so they would not separate as their clothing withered away. Climbing into bed, Wei Ying let his full body weight rest atop Lan Zhan as they hungrily meshed their lips together. Again, Wei Ying broke their passionate kissing and began to trail his mouth down Lan Zhan's stomach. Holding onto one of Wei-Ying's hands, Lan Zhan squeezed it hard as Wei Ying continued to lay soft kisses along his body. After a few moments, Wei Ying crawled back up Lan Zhan and planted passionate kisses on his mouth. Lan Zhan softly pushed Wei Ying off of him, and he moved on top, kissing the back of Wei-Ying's shoulder blades. They breathed heavily in unison as they clung to each other in a lover's embrace. Breathlessly, Wei Ying whispered, "Lan Zhan." Hearing his name leave Wei-Ying's lips was his end. The two men tensed and relaxed into one another. Moving himself back onto the bed, Lan Zhan pulled Wei Ying close to him for a tender kiss. Wei Ying could feel his eyes well-up. He was feeling so many emotions at once. As Lan Zhan took Wei Ying into his arms, Wei Ying thought to himself that it was all worth it. If he had to perish a thousand times, Lan Zhan would be worth it. They laid there, holding onto one another, and fell asleep.

 They laid there, holding onto one another, and fell asleep