Like It Was Yesterday

Unexpectedly, Wei-Ying's stomach began to rumble. Holding onto his gut, Wei Ying groaned and looked at Lan Zhan pleadingly. "Lan Zhan. I'm hungry," Wei Ying said as he pouted, and his eyes became glossy. Flustered at Wei-Ying's successful attempt at being cute, Lan Zhan's mouth contorted, and he turned towards the mouth of the cave. Following suit, Wei Ying stumbled behind him still rubbing his empty tummy. Making their way down the path and back to the main area of the Cloud Recesses, the pair headed towards the dining hall. Upon entering the room, there were only a few people still lingering after breakfast. Sitting down at an empty table, Wei Ying excitedly rubbed his hands together in anticipation of sustenance. Servants came by the table to drop off a pot of tea and two cups. Lan Zhan began to serve the tea to Wei Ying and himself. Then, two bowls of congee, two boiled eggs, and a plate with steamed buns arrived at the table.

Amused, Lan Zhan watched Wei Ying as he began to shovel the congee into his mouth and take a huge bite out of a bun. "Mmmm," Wei Ying murmured at Lan Zhan. His cheeks were full like a chipmunk preparing for hibernation pushing on his eyes, causing them to shut in a smiling manner. Placing a cup in front of Wei-Ying, Lan Zhan glanced at Wei Ying who was staring back. With a mouth full of food, Wei Ying managed to make some noises at Lan Zhan that sounded like a "Thank you." Pursing his lips, Lan Zhan reached over to Wei-Ying's boiled egg and began to peel it for him. Lan Zhan smirked to himself deliberating over how he blatantly fawned over Wei-ying. Watching Wei Ying eat in his peripheral, Lan Zhan placed the deshelled egg back onto Wei-Ying's plate and began to peel his own. Furrowing his brow, Lan Zhan felt the stare of someone in the cafeteria. Turning his head to the side as he continued to peel his egg, Lan Zhan spotted his uncle glaring at Wei-Ying. Lan Zhan's eyes widened as his uncle's eyes were then upon him. His uncle lifted his arm in front of him as if shielding himself from something evil, and then proceeded to angrily leave the mess hall.

Blissfully unaware of their audience, Wei Ying looked up to his friend, "Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying scolded, "You need to eat your congee before it gets cold

Blissfully unaware of their audience, Wei Ying looked up to his friend, "Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying scolded, "You need to eat your congee before it gets cold." Turning back to face him, he tried to remain expressionless as Wei Ying gave him an endearing gaze. As requested, Lan Zhan began to slowly scoop the porridge into his mouth. Once they were finished, the duo got up and left the dining room. Heading outside, Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan, "What are your plans for today?" Letting his shoulders collapse, Lan Zhan looked thwarted as he remembered something he needed to do. Looking into Wei-Ying's eyes, his mouth opened slightly in hesitation. Wei Ying grinned and raised his eyebrows eagerly anticipating Lan Zhan's reply. After a few blinks, Lan Zhan informed Wei-Ying, "I need to complete some paperwork for the upcoming lectures." Realizing that it was the time of year when the Cloud Recesses welcomed all cultivation students of the allied clans to study in Gusu, Wei Ying felt nostalgic.

" Realizing that it was the time of year when the Cloud Recesses welcomed all cultivation students of the allied clans to study in Gusu, Wei Ying felt nostalgic

Reminiscing over the last time he had visited the Cloud Recesses for their lectures, he smiled at the thought of it being the first time he and Lan Zhan met. "Wei-Ying," Lan Zhan said, "I have to go, but I will see you this evening." "Oh, ahhh, yes," Wie-Ying replied, folding his hands behind his back, and balancing on one foot uncomfortably, "That's fine Lan Zhan. I will see you at home." Blushing at himself saying out loud that the Cultivation Chamber was his home, Wei Ying cleared his throat nervously. It seemed Lan Zhan was unsettled by his words, also, and looked away awkwardly. "Alright, Lan Zhan. I will see you later." Nodding in agreement, Lan Zhan turned and walked away. Staring after his friend, he watched as he gracefully levitated towards the library. Smiling contentedly as he admired Lan Zhan. He really was a beautiful man. It was no wonder that all of the female students swooned over him.

Feeling restless, Wei Ying licked his lips. He did not want to go back to the Cultivation Chamber just yet. Instead, he thought about trekking to Gusu town for some liquor. Rummaging around in his pockets, he found a couple nuggets of silver that Lan Zhan had given him. Delighted to have found the treasure, he jaunted in the direction of the town. It was the middle of the day, and he was sure that he would make it back before dark. Wei Ying hurried on his way, so he would get back before Lan Zhan would worry about him. At least they would have some refreshments for later on. Plus, he was feeling a little sick from the night before. More alcohol always cured that feeling. Lil' Apple was near the entrance to Cloud Recesses chomping on grass beside the white rabbits that resided there. Smiling at his donkey friend, Wei Ying said, "Lil' Apple. Do you feel like bringing me into town? I think you can walk faster than I can." Lil' Apple sniffed at Wei-Ying's hand as he lifted it to pet him. Continuing to nonchalantly chew on the greenery, Wei Ying hopped atop his back and gave him a gentle kick in the side indicating it was time to go.

 Continuing to nonchalantly chew on the greenery, Wei Ying hopped atop his back and gave him a gentle kick in the side indicating it was time to go