There's Something About Wei WuXian

At that point, it was dark. Raising his eyebrows playfully, he winked at Lan Zhan and grabbed the four bottles of booze. "Lan Zhan," Wei Ying paused for affect, "Come drink with me." Questioningly, Lan Zhan watched as Wei Ying walked outside. Following him, Lan Zhan observed Wei Ying jump onto the roof of the homestead. Leaning back in a relaxed position, he had one leg outstretched and the other knee bent. Enticingly, Wei Ying gazed down at Lan Zhan and said, "Lan Zhan! Come sit with me and look at the stars." Glancing up at the night sky, he said, "It is clear tonight." Lan Zhan admired his confidante as he majestically sat atop the roof with his long black hair, and boyish grin. Smirking to himself, he leapt up to the roof along with Wei-Ying. Sitting down in a meditative position beside Wei-Ying, he turned his head to look at him.

Whenever Lan Zhan gave Wei Ying his full attention, it always made him beam. Handing a bottle of Emperor's Smile to Lan Zhan, Wei Ying took one bottle and began to drink the liquor. Sucking air through his teeth, Wei Ying wholeheartedly savored the libation. Lan Zhan took a swig, and let his shoulders relax. He enjoyed these moments shared with Wei-Ying. Although they weren't doing anything overly exciting, it was his favorite thing to do. Teasingly, Wei Ying said, "Lan Zhan! You are not drunk after one sip, are you?" He chuckled at his lightweight friend. Lan Zhan smirked and looked downward, shyly. Suddenly, Wei-Ying's face changed to a worried look. Sensing the shift in atmosphere, Lan Zhan's eyes raised to focus on Wei-Ying. Giving a deep swallow, Wei Ying continued to give his friend an uneasy stare. Finally, Lan Zhan asked, "What is it?" Laughing nervously, Wei Ying tried to soothe himself into a less tense stance. "It's nothing bad, Lan Zhan. I just have something I want to say to you."

Apprehensive of what was making Wei Ying so anxious, Lan Zhan felt his attitude mirroring his friend's. Nervously, Wei Ying said, "I have something I want to talk to you about, but I don't want to upset you." Lan Zhan's body language rigidly shifted, and his jaw clenched. Before Wei Ying could continue, Lan Zhan stated, "If you want to go find that woman, she is over on the south-side of Cloud Recesses." Surprised, Wei-Ying's mouth opened, and he tilted his head glancing to the side. Scrunching his brows together, he looked back at Lan Zhan in confusion and asked, "What woman?" Agitated, Lan Zhan shot, "You...!" and he stopped. Still mulling over who Lan Zhan was referring to, Wei Ying asked, "Are you talking about Hainei?" Lan Zhan's eyebrow flinched upwards, and then his face settled into an indifferent expression. Laughing at his friend, he sat back and smiled off into the distance. "Lan Zhan. I don't want to see her. I mean, she is nice, but I have not thought about her since earlier."

Uncertain of Lan Zhan's intent, Wei Ying thought to himself that there was jealousy in his tone

Uncertain of Lan Zhan's intent, Wei Ying thought to himself that there was jealousy in his tone. Lan Zhan remained quiet. Then, he said, "You shouldn't flirt with someone if you don't mean it." Giving him a look as if he was being ridiculous, Wei Ying groaned, "Ahhh, Lan Zhan. Do you really think I flirt with everyone I meet? I was just helping four young women who had lost their way." Wei Ying gave Lan Zhan a puppy-dog stare, and Lan Zhan rolled his eyes. The tension between them was insurmountable, and neither one of them knew what to say next. Sheepishly, Wei Ying spoke his name, "Lan Zhan." Without looking at Wei-Ying, Lan Zhan grabbed another bottle of Emperor's Smile and uncorked it. Pausing for a moment, he lifted the bottle to his lips and proceeded to drink. "Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying cried, "You are going to be sick." His friend paid him no heed. Within minutes the whole bottle was empty, and Lan Zhan let out a loud belch. Wei Ying couldn't help but laugh at Lan Zhan, so he brought his hand up to his mouth to cover it.

Letting his shoulders slump, he asked Lan Zhan, "Lan Zhan. Have you ever liked someone? I mean, that kind of like." In response, Lan Zhan abruptly turned to look at Wei Ying who was glaring at him with an expression of trepidation. All he could do was swallow hard as his mind raced trying to figure out why Wei Ying would ask him that, now. Mustering up his courage, Wei Ying continued, "You always say I flirt with people, but that isn't true. Not entirely." Wei-Ying's tone saddened, and his demeanor changed to forlorn. Licking his lips, he looked out into the night air and tilted his head thoughtfully and said, "The only person I ever flirted with was you." Shocked, Lan Zhan felt like his spirit had just left his body momentarily. Smirking to himself, Wei Ying let out a regretful sigh, "The only person in my heart is you." Shaking his head and smirking, Wei Ying took a swig of liquor and swirled it around in his mouth before swallowing.

Then, a warm smile spread on his face as he turned to look at Lan Zhan with big eyes. Lan Zhan was noticeably nervous. Blinking a few times, Wei Ying waited for Lan Zhan to say something, but he remained awkwardly silent, frozen in place. Disappointed that Lan Zhan did not speak, Wei Ying began to ironically snicker to himself, "It's alright Lan Zhan. I understand if you do not feel the same way, but I wanted to tell you that. You are very important to me, that is all." Taking another gulp of Emperor's Smile, Wei Ying began to feel a pensive sadness wash over him. "Wei-Ying!" Lan Zhan finally said. Surprised, Wei Ying turned to look at his confidante. Breathing heavily, Lan Zhan asked, "Is that true?" Patting Lan Zhan on the shoulder, Wei Ying smirked and sighed, "Lan Zhan. I have told many lies to many people, but I have never deceived you." To his dismay, Lan Zhan did not say anything further or give any encouragement to Wei-Ying. Upset that Lan Zhan did not reciprocate, he began to feel strangely inadequate.

 Upset that Lan Zhan did not reciprocate, he began to feel strangely inadequate