CHAPTER 4-- The Meeting & The Farewell....

I Dedicate this Chapter in honour of Yibo's Success and Achievements. He was the most 'Discussed Artist' - of this Year. That's it. Not just a celebrity, but an ARTIST! So, Rightfully said!👍👍

And Special THANKS to all my Readers, OLD and NEW, who are following this story. For your love, support and kindness.🤗🤗

Now without further ado, please enjoy!

===================

Chapter 4 : The meeting- and the farewell

"Thanks a ton, Mr Meng ," said Lan Wangji. "I needed this really bad."

"No problem, Dr. Wang ," said Hensu Meng. "You helped my wife, it's the least I could do. Miss Ani should be available from 9 am till 9 pm at night."

"Thanks again," Lan Wangji thanked, fervently. He dialled the number, a Korean extension. It was evening. He hoped she wouldn't be some bitter manager. "Good afternoon, this is Ani Riss speaking, how may I help you?"

Wangji swallowed. "Uh....this is Dr. Lan Wang. We haven't spoken, but my friend Hensu--- "

"Excuse me? Is this a prank call?" came the cold voice of the woman.

"What? No!" Wangji struggled to contain himself. "This is Dr. Lan Wang , and I need something important from you."

The voice gentled. "Dr. Wang , I apologise. We had not expected your call. What is it you need?"

"I need to speak with T.R. Bride."

There was a long silence. "Hello?" Wangji repeated.

Miss Ani spoke again. "I am sorry. What on earth made you think I could direct you to this author?"

"Look, my friend called up Marina Publications, the publisher of her book," snapped Wangji , now losing patience. "The head of the director asked him to speak to you. She believed you would have her contacts."

There was another pause. "Of course, I had forgotten your stature," said the silky voice, now with a touch of amusement. "A man of your status and intelligence would no doubt find it easy. But I am sorry, T.R. does not talk much to her fans. Perhaps you could leave a message. It would be delivered to her. You will also get a written reply."

"I don't want to give her a message," retorted Lan Wangji. "I need to talk to him. We went to the same school. Liyang Convent, in Beijing."

Wangji stopped the pretence and changed the gender, he felt acknowledging as 'him' would make things easier for both of them.

There was another pause. "Hmm....school friend?" asked Miss Ani , sounding curious.

"Not exactly," Wangji sighed. "But I heard of him after more than a decade, and since I'd never thought he could write this well, I was curious."

"Naturally, naturally," said Miss Ani quietly. "But- I am sorry- We have no ways to confirm if you really knew him."

"Fine," shot back Wangji. "Tell me one thing. His real name-- is it... Wei Wuxian ?"

There was another pause, this time so long he wondered if she had cut the call. But then he heard her voice.

"I will speak to her- him--- I mean and get back to you tomorrow. By afternoon. Will that suit you?"