CHAPTER 8 -- Of Feelings That Change....

Chapter 8 : Of Feelings That Change

(Dedicated to @DoloresLow for being one of the most inspirational and dedicated readers! 🥰 ) thank you sweetheart 🤎🤎

Some days later :

'You went to sleep at 1:45 yesterday,' said Wangji as Wuxian joined him for breakfast. 'That's why I didn't wet you.'

He scowled at him. 'Stop being such a Leena.'

'Sorry?' he said, trying to hold back a grin. 'Such a what, exactly?'

Wuxian glared at him, his eyes narrowed. 'Stop it.'

'Fine, I'm changing the subject,' Wangji said. 'I took on a thirteen year old yesterday.'

Wuxian raised his eyebrows. 'What happened?'

'She lost her family in a car crash ten months ago and they shifted her to an orphanage,' he said grimly. 'She was attempting suicide apparently. That's why they contacted me.'

'That's sad,' Wuxian appeared pensive. 'She's tough,' Wangji explained, looking worried. 'She seems lost. She seems to have had it really bad. They should have contacted me when her family died. Instead, they put her in an unfamiliar place. And now she's attempting suicide!'

Wuxian watched him carefully. 'You get attached to your patients often, don't you?'

Wangji's head jerked up. 'No, of course not.'

'Liar, ' Wuxian teased. 'You care about them.'

'Fine,' Wangji snapped. 'I'm a noble git, happy?'

'Not just that but also an obnoxious and controlling stupon.' Wuxian smiled.

'Excuse me?' Wangji said. 'What does that mean?'

Wei grinned brightly. 'Stupid plus moron equals stupon!' Now it was Wangji's turn to glare at him , and Wuxian threw back his head in laughter.

Wangji stared at him. Wuxian's eyes are so alive, his mouth so crimson. Wangji wondered what it would feel like to kiss him---

'Hello? Earth to Wangji ? Where are you?'

Wangji came to his senses at once, swatting away Wei's hand. 'Shut up. I spaced out thinking of that girl.' He stammered, feeling slightly flustered at himself for imagining such a thing.

Wuxian raised his eyebrows. 'Really? Never took you for a paedophile.'

'You---' and the next moment, he sloshed water on Wei's Shirt .

'Aargh!' he screeched. 'You wait till I get my hands on you, Wangji !'

'Really now, all you need to do is ask,' he said, smirking.

'You insufferable, pompous prat!' Wuxian raged. 'Now I have to change, and I will be late, all thanks to your immature, obnoxious sense of humour!'
And he stomped out in a huff.

Wangji shook his head to clear it. He really needed to stop pushing Wei's buttons. He still didn't know why he liked to rile him up.
He'd probably have to get Wuxian a chocolate again. He knew Wuxian knew that he bought them, but he always pretended he hadn't, so he didn't have to hear Wei's thanks.