CHAPTER 14 "ClosE EncounterS"

Chapter 14 : Close Encounters

'Gosh, it's getting so terribly hot and humid,' said Wuxian irritably. 'I swear, I am going to die of this heat---'

'So switch on the AC,' Wangji replied from the corner of the room.

He was sitting with a sheaf of files, looking completely unperturbed, in sharp contrast to a hot-and-bothered Wei who had just returned from his office.

Wei frowned. 'Yeah well, you're not the one who's walked up ten flights of steps because the elevator wasn't working!'

Wangji gave an amused smile. 'How nice. That'll help take some of your fat off- oww!'

Wei had flung a notepad at him.

'Shut. Up.' he gritted. 'I'm going to take a shower---'

'Mind if I join you?' he asked, smirking. 'It'd save water, you know-'

Wei flushed, and for a moment he thought Wei would hit him again, but then he tossed back his shoulder length hair and said, 'Maybe if you ask nicely, some day.'

And he stalked out of the room, and Wangji smirked, then continued to arrange the data he had got so far.

_________________________

When Wuxian arrived about twenty minutes later, he hurriedly kept aside his file and rose to greet Wuxian with a kiss.

His hair was damp and fell limply onto the shoulders, and he smelt vaguely of Johnson's Baby Powder.

Wuxian rolled his eyes at him. 'Fine boyfriend you are, I must say--- calling your boyfriend fat, and then kissing him---'

'Don't you pick up on sarcasm?' Wangji asked. 'You need to gain weight, not lose it. Besides,' he pulled him down next to him on the couch, 'You could grow two horns and tail--feathers and I would still like you.'

'Smooth move,' Wuxian said, grinning.

'I'm always smooth,' Wangji retorted, smirking.

Wuxian's smile suddenly wilted. 'I told Leena, by the way,' he said. 'About us, you know-'

Wangji looked puzzled. 'So?'

'So, there's a party tomorrow,' he said. 'And Leena said I was to bring you.'

Wangji looked amused. 'Don't worry, Prickly Prince. I'll come to protect you.'

'Hey!' Wei swatted his arm. 'I'm trying very hard to shed that image!'

'You need to be comfortable,' said Wangji. 'There's no need to---'

'There is,' he said. 'I mean, I'm--- I'm sort of feeling comfortable--- more comfortable.'

Wangji's eyes were warm with affection. 'Good boy, ' he said, as their hands clasped for a brief moment.

Then Wuxian sighed. 'I have to go get some article I need to edit,' he gave a sad face. 'Be right back.'

______________________