Chapter 7

I was awoken from my glorious slumber by a fifteen year old crawling in bed with me.

"What's wrong Alex?" I ask rolling over to look her

"What's going to happen?" She asks cuddling up to me.

"What do you mean?" I inquire

"Well, dad now knows about me. What if he want's custody or something?" She freaks

"You'll spend a holiday or two with him. I don't know but you can't go to two different schools. We live in LA and he lives in London. But after what we said to him last night at dinner, I don't know how it's going to work." I shrug

"Mom, what's this?" She asks leaning over me to get to my nightstand.

She hands me a ring box. The box that contains mine and Simon's wedding rings. I open the box and take a deep breath.

"These are the rings that your dad and I exchanged when we got married." I state holding up my beautiful diamond and band. They were silver with crystal diamond shaped stones it.

"Wow, these are beautiful. You and dad are technically still married. Why don't you wear the band at least it goes with every thing." She states

"I don't know, I guess after he left that I just didn't feel right wearing the ring." I shrug

"Wear your band and dad's ring." She suggests

"What do you mean? At Work?" I try to clarify

"Until you guys decide to finalize a divorce." She crosses her arms.

"You won't go back to sleep unless I put them on will you?" I ask

"Yep." She exclaims popping the p.

"You are so sixteen." I laugh sliding the rings on as she laughs.

"Yes, Yes I am." She smirks laying down on the bed and rolling onto her stomach.

When Monday rolled around, and I stepped into work everyone's eyes shot to my left hand.

"You still have those?" Simon asks letting out an awkward sigh.

"Alex found them in a box in my closet and said I should wear them. Apparently it's only right because we never got divorced. She said I should wear the rings until we sign the papers, if we sign the papers. Truthfully, I'm leaving after this season finishes. Weather Alex stays, will be up to her." I state sitting at me seat next to my well...husband...I guess.

"So she'd really want to stay with me?" Simon asks hope filling in his eyes.

"I don't know. I haven't asked her. But sooner or later I will." I sigh.

His eyes showed sadness and defeat.

Does Simon honest to god, want to be in her life?