Epilogue

"Alex!" I yell as my thirty five year old daughter comes into view. I wave at her through the crowded airport and she runs to me. 

"Hey mom." She smiles

"How are you?" I chuckle as Alan walks up behind her and hugs me. 

It's been nineteen years since Simon and I got back together. We were never divorced so we just picked right back up where we left off. Ironically we have an eighteen year old back at home. She's graduating next week and Alex and Alan flew in from America. We decided to move to London full time. It was easier with Erick and Alex had more friends over in London than she did in America anyway.

"M'good. Excited to see dad and Destiny." She chuckles.

"Allie,  Adam! Come see your grandma." Alan bellows as the two kids walking towards the arcade freeze and back up towards me.

"You are such stinkers." I laugh wrapping them both in my arms.

When we arrive at our house, I see Simon and Destiny sitting on the porch swing.

"Daddy!" Alex cheers getting out of the car and running to him. It's hard to believe that just 20 years ago she hated him. With a passion. 

"Hey baby." He smiles. He's an old man. In his late sixties but that doesn't change the fact that around the grand kids and his daughters he's like he was when we were on the X Factor again. 

"hey Grandpa!" Allie, the older of the two grandkids waves as he smiles and picks her up in his arms. She's twelve but she's still Grandpa's little baby. 

"Ello Love." He smiles kissing her cheek. 

Later that night after dinner we were sitting around the TV watching some stupid celebrity news show when we hear the familiar theme song appear on the television.

"Thirty seven years ago today, the X Factor America season 1 aired. Tonight we relive the short X Factor America reign." The new announcer states. 

As a FAMILY we watch the X Factor from the beginning. From the sick teenager who was crushing on her boss, too the fiery 21 year old who was hiding her pregnancy from her husband and the downfall of the marriage. 

"They know that I am a fan. I am a fan, but the thing is. I just want to see you man the stage more go from side to side but this was much better than the first performance." I say on screen talking to the Emblem 3 boys.

"What is the matter with you tonight." Simon questions.

"They just don't work the stage." I state

"Look, all I can say is. You know what guys. That again is silly criticism. I thought you were really good tonight. And here's some good advice. Don't listen to a single thing this one has said." On screen Simon scolds.

"All I'm saying." I start.

"trust me you are doing just fine." Simon shakes his head.

"Odd Lyric you were singing." Simon adds.

"No it's not Beyonce sings that song."I defend 

"You are about to go to the naughty corner." Simon chuckles.

"What the hell was that?" Alexis asks.

"The first year of our marriage." I state looking at her.

"Jesus Christ." She shakes her head.

"Dad was so mean." Destiny pipes in.

"Dad is still mean. Like don't question it. Have you watched X Factor?" Alexis asks

"Sadly No." Destiny smiles.

"It was all fun in the end." I smile leaning over and planting a kiss on Simon's cheek.

A/N

I did this on purpose. I left you hanging for the longest time because I wanted to give you suspense. THIS IS THE END!!! 

Holy Shit, I am so proud of this book and I hope you liked it. There will not be a sequel, m'sorry. 

I love you guys thank you so much! This has been Demi and Simon Cowell.