Chapter 13

"Mom, we have a summer house." Alex squeals tackling me in a hug. 

"It's an English suburb it's not really summery." I shrug looking over the fence to see the name on our neighbors mailbox. 

"Hey Alex." I smile

"What?" She asks

"Did you pick this place for a reason?" I ask

"No, I just like this house and it's about twenty minutes from the city." She shrugs. 

"Really, because Cowell's live next to us." I point to the mailbox

"Holy Shit." She gasps

"Yeah." I reply.

"Oh Well." She trots into the house. 

"Oh My God." I state picking up the box that I just placed down. 

Later that night when we were all settled in a knock came at out door. It was a woman with long black hair was who I opened it too. 

"Hi I am Lauren Silverman, my boyfriend and I live next door to you on the right. I don't want anything getting leaked to the media." She hisses and I can see plain well why Alexis does not like this arrogant ass socialite.

"Oh no problem, as long as you don't leak anything about me we'll be good. I'm Demi Lovato." I hiss right back. 

"Oh, I didn't recognize you with plain colored hair." She smirks. 

"Look, I know that you and my ex husband are fucking but if I find out you are being rude to my daughter I will have something to say to the media and it might just get your kids taken away from you." I smile and slam the door on her face. 

"Who was that?" Alex asks. 

"Your step mother." I say sarcastically. 

"She will never be my step mom if dad marries her so be it, but I will not and I mean will not accept her into my family." Alex laughs munching on a bag of cool  ranch Doritos. 

"And that's why I love you. Now, have you unpacked your room?" I ask her. 

"No I want to paint it first, can we go tomorrow to get paint?" She asks. 

"I can't I have to get all the paperwork finalized but you have another resources." I say pointing out the kitchen window into Simon's back yard. He was playing with a toddler and an older boy. 

"I don't want to bug him." She sighs. 

"Call him. I told him that if he wanted to be apart of your life he had to make sacrifices." I shrug grabbing a bottle of water. 

"Yeah, okay." She says grabbing her phone off of the charger and walking up the stairs into her room. 

I watched Simon closely as he stopped playing with the toddler and picked up his phone. But he didn't answer it and I saw red. 

"Mom he didn't answer!" Alex yells. 

"I know, i'll be right back!" I yell back up to her and stormed out of the back door. 

"Hey Simon! Remember what I said?" I ask as his head shot up and he looked almost panicked.

"Demi What how?" He asks standing up completely forgetting about the toddler who didn't like the fact that his dad just kinda dropped him. 

"Doesn't matter, remember on 80s night when I told you that you had to drop everything for your daughter if you wanted to prove to me that you wanted to be in her life?" I questioned holding back the anger.