Chapter 11

"Mom, why don't we have a tree yet?" Alex asks as she bounces on her heels at LAX. 

"I wanted to wait until your father got here to get it. I know it's four days until Christmas but I wanted it to be special. It'll be your first Christmas with your dad." I shrug

"Oh, Okay." She nods as we see Simon walk towards us his back covered by security guards.

"Wow, suttle much?" I ask as he mocks me

"Wow Suttle Much,  Baby, do you know who I am?"He asks as Alex tackles him in a bear hug. 

"Can we get a tree now?" Alex pushes. 

"If your dad's up for it." I point to the man.

"You haven't gotten a tree yet?" He sounds astonished. 

"No I wanted to wait until you were here." I shrug 

"That's different. Your mum used to have a tree set up in the first week of December. Now I understand you guys weren't here but I mean when you got back I figured Demi would jump at it." He turns to Alex. 

"Yeah, I was surprised to." She smiles as Simon laughs and kisses her head. 

"Well?" I ask

"Yeah, let's go it's four days until Christmas for Christ Sakes." Simon scoffs pulling us out to the parking lot. 

After wondering around the tree place for about forty minutes Simon and Alex approach me. 

"What did you two find?" I cross my arms

"Come on." She pulls me in the direction of the best looking tree in the area. 

"Think it'll fit?" Simon asks

"I live in the same house I did when you left. What do you think?" I sass

"Great, Come on Alex let's get the salesman. Demi stay here so we don't loos the tree." Simon instructs pulling his daughter towards a small bald man. 

"Oh boy what have I gotten myself into?" I say to myself. 

"This tree is might fine sir. I'll sell it for five hundred." The sales dude smirks. 

"What, Hell no. Just because he's Simon Cowell doesn't mean you can jip him." I raise my voice. 

"Oh no ma'am this is the best tree we have it's a fair price." He challenges me. 

"There's a price tag." I say holding out the tag from the branch. 

"And what's it say?" He smirks not knowing I won.

"One Hundred." I show him. 

Alex snorts as Simon hands the man the hundred and the three of us lug it out to the Range Rover. 

When we get home Simon takes charge. He set's everything up and I make my famous broccoli and cheese soup. 

"Mom come look!" Alex grabs my attention. 

"it's beautiful guys." I says as Simon wraps his arms around me. 

We spent our first night as a normal family and it felt kinda good. 

When Christmas rolled around Alex was ecstatic. She got a whole bunch of stuff from Simon like clothes and some jewelry but the big thing that got me was the picture of Alex, Simon, and I from the day on the London Eye. 

"Daddy Thank You SO Much." She squeals hugging him. 

"Demi, I didn't know what to get you so I just got you a diamond necklace." He says handing me the box. 

"And I got you a watch so it works." I smile handing him his. 

That was by far my most favorite Christmas. And oddly I was spending it with Simon.

A/N

God I have no life....Double Update tonight. Wow, I'm a day early and I did a double update.

All the Love Sydnie xoxo