CHAPTER 9 - Window

Fiore stares at her mother in a combination of anger and fear, feeling betrayed and hurt that her mother had hit her for trusting someone she perceived as a stranger but whom she herself knew to be more than that. "I HATE YOU!" Fiore yelled as she ran to her room. "I COULDN'T CARE LESS IF YOU HATED ME, YOU LITTLE SHIT! YOU MAY HATE ME BUT I'LL ALWAYS BE YOUR MOTHER! YOU MUST OBEY ME." Her mom replied back in a scream. Fiore scoffs. She trusted Alec. No. She didn't. She didn't trust him. She'd never trust him. She shakes her head, slowly closing her door and opening her window. Her arms were weak and hurt, though she managed to open it. She looks at the ground from her second floor window, debating on jumping and almost killing herself, or staying at home and letting her intrusive thoughts win to kill her mom. Her vision goes black as she jumps from the high ground.

What was this?

Was she dead?

No.

That wasn't the case.

It wasn't a high jump, not THAT high.

She opened her eyes, she gets up and pathetically limped to the sidewalk Alec was reading at, dusting herself off.

"Lord."

"Huh?."

"Why are there leaves in your hair? It looks pathetic."

"Hmph."

"What happened? Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me."

".."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Fucking tell me."

Fiore rolls her eyes.

"I SAID NO."

"AND I SAID TELL ME."

"."

"Whatever, don't tell me. Let's get those leaves out your hair.. bad hair makes me shiver in fear.." He said in his heavy British tone.

"I fell into a bush."

"OH - DID ANY THORNS GET YOU?"

"NO- it was a classic bush."

"How did you even get in that bush in the first place?"

"I jumped out my bedroom window, duh."

"Which floor?"

"The second."

"Fiore, why would you do that?" Alec stared at her with a blank face. "I wanted to get away from my mom." Fiore looks down.

"Well, you're away now, aren't you?"

"Whatever, I'm gonna be on my own. I'm responsible!" She walks off.

"Fiore- wait-"