Chapter Thirty-Two

So! I have finally updated!! Cheers please! It took me FOREVER to write this, and these will be the last three chapters of In Plain Sight. So while you think about that little announcement, here's chapter thirty-two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days moved on, and we continued to train. I got another letter in the mail, and despite the fact that my heart nearly started beating again just so that I could have a heart attack, it actually wasn't too bad. It was simple writing, giving a place and a time to meet and duke everything out. I had no doubt there would be guns and fighting and stuff. Duh.

When I told the guys, my announcement was met with all around acceptance. There were head nods and looks, and then they once again told me that they were in - no matter what happened. I wondered if that would still be true when they found out who I was.

When the day finally came, we all gathered in my living room. Most of us were leaning against the wall, except for Liam, who was lounging on the couch, drinking an apple juice, of all things.

"I don't see why you're worried," he told me. "We have an awesome team assembled here."

"Yeah, well," I said snidely, "you've been through several wars. I haven't."

"Whatever," Liam said. He set his apple juice on my wood coffee table - probably making rings, which was the least of my worries - and pulled a duffle bag out from who the hell knows where. He unzipped it with a loud swish and I peered inside curiously. There were a variety of weapons inside the black canvas bag, and I smiled.

"Nice," I breathed out. "Where'd you get these?"

"Here and there," he answered me flippantly. He took out a stun gun and turned it on, and I could hear the electricity thrumming through it. "I'm happy with what I gathered." Dishing out the contents onto my floor, I saw a multitude of stun guns, regular guns, and knives.

I picked up one of the knives, a silver blade with a leather handle, more like a sword than a knife, and turned it over in my hands, feeling the weight of it. "I want this one."

"Figured you would," Liam told me as he picked up a knife of his own. He flipped it high in the air, the silver blade gleaming in the air as it turned over and over before he caught it elegantly and effortlessly by the handle. "I like this one quite a bit myself." It was simple, with an etched base.

As I searched through the weapons more, collecting more goodies that I hoarded by my side even though I knew logically that I wouldn't be able to use all of them. Living with Liam had made me like all types of pointy weapons very much, and things that hurt people.

"Learn something new every day," I heard River mumble.

"Yeah," Seth agreed. "Never saw Rose as being a knife person."

"You don't know Rosie then," Liam happily pointed out to them. "I lost nearly half my collection to her a few months back. Been collecting those for over two hundred years."

"How many did you have?" Ryder asked curiously. I looked up from taking the goodies and saw his expression as he looked at Liam. I could have sworn I saw some admiration in there.

"About three hundred or so," Liam shrugged. "I'm picky with my knives."

"So it sucks that I took some," I smiled at him. "And you'll never find them." I was being a little mean, but poking fun at Liam never hurt anyone. "I have a secret place where I hid them that you will never know about."