Chapter 8

"Is this truly necessary?" Freminet's voice quivered as he clutched the reins of Kaeya's towering horse. "Could I not have a smaller one?"

"Freminet, I'm smaller than you," Deirdre remarked. "If size mattered, I wouldn't be able to manage any of these horses."

His inward groan echoed Freminet's reluctance.

"If you can reach the stirrups, the horse's size is fitting," Kaeya instructed. "Relax. Your tension affects the horse; it's perceptive."

Under Kaeya's guidance, the horseback riding lesson unfolded, transforming the scene into a vibrant spectacle. Deirdre, Albedo, Eula, and Diluc unwittingly became part of the whirlwind, adding to the delightful chaos that ensued.

Albedo, the perpetual seeker of knowledge, observed the lesson from a distance, studying the interplay between horse, rider, and mentor with intense curiosity. Meanwhile, Eula, with her customary grace, halted in passing, unable to resist pausing to witness the unfolding spectacle, a sly smile gracing her lips. Diluc, observing the ruckus from afar, couldn't stifle a chuckle at the scene, though his demeanor remained reserved.

"Ease your hold on the reins, Freminet," Kaeya coached, his voice a mix of easy instruction and playful banter. "Let your shoulders loosen up."

Caught between a resolute determination and the enigmatic challenge of horse-riding, Freminet grappled to strike an elusive balance. Albedo's scrutinizing gaze, Eula's stifled amusement, and Diluc's subtle amusement seemed to compound Freminet's uneasiness.

Freminet's visage shifted from determination to sheer alarm as the horse decided to unleash its inner acrobat, eliciting astonishment from everyone present. Albedo's analytical stare sharpened, captivated by the unforeseen turn of events, his curiosity piqued to new heights. Eula's laughter subsided into a gasp of astonishment, her features now a canvas of surprise, while Diluc's concealed amusement morphed into a fleeting flicker of concern. His brow furrowed in response to the sudden upheaval, momentarily betraying his usually composed demeanor.

Kaeya sprang into action, swift and assured, darting forward with practiced agility. "Stay calm!" his voice echoed, a blend of comforting reassurance and authoritative command. "Easy now, girl, easy!"

Freminet, engulfed in a tempest of hooves and pandemonium, clung desperately to the horse's neck, his arms wrapped tightly around it as if in a precarious dance. The horse's unexpected acrobatics had transformed the riding lesson into a circus performance, evoking a blend of astonishment and worry from the unanticipated audience.

Albedo's eyes sparked with scientific intrigue, his fascination eclipsing any immediate concern as he mentally cataloged the horse's unexpected performance. Eula, momentarily startled, retained her poised demeanor, prepared to intervene if necessary. Diluc, typically reserved, took a cautious step forward, ready to lend a hand should the situation escalate.

At last, after an interminable moment, the horse gradually settled back onto solid ground, its impromptu display of acrobatics concluding abruptly. Freminet, slightly disheveled yet miraculously unscathed, slowly released his vice-like hold on the horse, attempting to restore his composure amidst the astonished gazes of the spectators.

Kaeya, the embodiment of tranquility, flashed a reassuring smile. "Quite the show, wouldn't you agree? A dash of unexpected drama for our riding lesson."

The impromptu spectacle had metamorphosed the ordinary session into a riveting display, momentarily leaving the group stunned yet curiously united by the shared adrenaline.

"Maybe I should let Deirdre handle this," Freminet's voice dripped with surrender. "I think it's obvious—I'm not really suited for this."

"It's only your first lesson, Freminet," Kaeya's tone held a gentle reminder.