Chapter 9- The New Officers On The Job

The heroes were all enjoying their lunch together. Kirby had to wait to eat or he would end up eating all the food. They continued to enjoy their food before they heard the bells on the door ring. They looked over and saw the same two figures from earlier.

Sonic laughed, "Oh hey it's the two!" He waved over to them as the others waved over to them as well. Marth noticed them before waving back at them. Eliwood didn't notice them yet but Marth nudged him. That let Eliwood know and he waved back at them.

Elfilin flew over and welcomed, "Hello hello! Such an honor to meet you both! My name is Elfilin and I am the assistant of the heroes! Who are you two?"

"Well, I'm Marth Lowell and he's Eliwood, we are both new officers on the job!" Marth announced. Eliwood nodded as Elfilin smiled back at them. Kirby jumped out of his seat and dashed over to the two.

Kirby asked, "Do... Do I know you?"

"Uh... Smash Central?"

"THAT'S WHY I KNOW YOU!! MARTH HI!!!" Kirby cheered as he waved at Marth. Marth smiled as he waved back at him. Kirby seemed so joyful as Marth just felt nervous after seeing Kirby so bright and colorful. He took a deep breath and then looked toward Eliwood. "Is this a friend of yours?"

"He's my boyfriend actually," Marth laughed as his face turned slightly pink. Eliwood giggled with him as he gently held his hand.

Mario sighed, "So you're the new officers that are going to be working here?"

"Yes! Glad you asked! We're new officers here and we hope to help do the best we can during the times here!" Marth said as he took a bow. Eliwood smiled with him as the heroes all nodded. Marth felt himself getting excited being noticed by the heroes but they were the heroes after all, that was a given.

"Hoping all goes well for you two!" Elfilin cheered. Marth nodded as he walked off with Eliwood. The heroes all looked at each other as Tails came walking by. "Oh Tails! Good timing! What brings you around here?"

Tails explained, "Just trying to find some new things in regards to what is going on within the whole evil vs good situation. Obviously we know that Eggman is most definitely behind this but the other thing is I can't quite make it out to understand just why this is the case... though I spotted some negative energy coming from the eastern side of the town..." The heroes looked at him with curiosity as Tails pulled up a map on his tablet.

"Negative energy right now?" Kirby asked as he ate the rest of his burger. Tails nodded as Kirby looked at Sonic.

Sonic asked, "Tails, do you know what exactly is the cause of that negative energy?"

"No... I've been trying to figure it out but it seems to be something we need to investigate..." Tails explained. The heroes looked at each other as Sonic stood up.

Sonic laughed, "Alright! Here we go! I'll be sure to figure out what exactly is going wrong here!"

"Sonic we're going to join you too," Mario sighed. Sonic looked toward Mario and chuckled before walking toward him. "Oh? What's on your mind today?"

Sonic laughed, "You wanna race to the location?"

"Isn't that cheating? Knowing your incredible speed?" Mario laughed as he slightly pushed Sonic. Sonic laughed with him as the two put their heads together. Kirby just watched them as he started running knowing if the race occurred, he could get a head start.

Sonic asked, "Then how about this? I don't cheat and we race there fair and square? Does that sound fair to you?"

"Sounds good to me, you're on..." Mario laughed.

Tails laughed nervously, "Uh guys? Kirby already got a head start!" The two looked over in disbelief and soon began racing one another to the end. Meanwhile, Marth and Eliwood were assigned with their first task. That being was dealing with the robbery at the bank. It was a simple task but they were still excited. The head of the police station was Alm, a village boy that came from Ram. The secondary head was Celica, a priestess.

Alm sighed, "Are you sure this job is good for you to handle? I would hate to fire you guys so soon..."

"Don't worry about it chief! I know for certain we will do all we can to deal with the situation!" Marth said as he showed him a bright smile. Alm nodded as Celica walked ahead of Alm.

Celica asked, "Do you wish for someone else to accompany you?"

"I think we're going to do just fine on our own. No need to worry about us..." Eliwood chuckled. Celica nodded as the two went on their way, just excited to start their new job. It was just something to behold since they were the ones protecting Hero Town when the heroes were busy themselves. They were also dealing with minor things but they were still happy regardless of what was going on.

But then there were footsteps in the distance. Those were the footsteps of someone with one foot filled with buckles while the other foot wasn't but was blue. The person looked around for a short while as the other officers looked over. They recognized the person immediately and invited them to hang out with them while Marth and Eliwood went on their job.

"It's honestly great to see you again after so long! Whatever brings you here at this time?" Celica asked. The person chuckled and then began explaining their reasoning for being in the town. The two sat down with the person and began chatting with them. Having some good vibes all around; but returning back with the heroes. Kirby had easily won the race due to Mario and Sonic messing around with each other.

Tails laughed, "Who would've guessed! Kirby ended up winning the race!"

"HAHA! That's what you get for beginning banter! You don't smack talk to each other until AFTER the events so THERE!" Kirby laughed. The two got there right after and then took several deep breaths to gather themselves together.

Sonic laughed, "Good job Kirby! The race is 100% your win. Anyways... where is that negative energy coming from?" The heroes looked around before Sonic was hit right from behind. The two looked over and it appeared to be... Shadow the Hedgehog...