Like an old photograph

Roselle
   It had been a few hours of waiting.  The guardian, Merrida was very nice, and explained as much as she could about what was going to happen.  But still all of this prophecy thing still messes with my head. 
   My name is Roselle Em, I'm a reincarnation of a child of The First.  My purpose is to find and defeat the child of the god of melodies before it can cause chaos.  This is very scary, but well  I'm not alone, in the prophecy there are five.  I've only met two of them tho. Maxine Adler and Carly Evangeli.
     I've heard that one of the five is a special case.  He didn't quite follow the cycle, I'm not quite sure what they mean by that tho.  And as for the fifth, not even the guardian can locate them.  Their just gone. 
     The ones in charge of training us and teaching us all there is to know, are Chris and Jericho.  They are like our teachers though they insisted on being called by their first names. 
     They kept me and the others entertained, as we waited for the fourth to arrive. 
     The main hall of The Void (that is the name of the castle in which the guardian resides) is absolutely stunning, the half circle shaped room of marble, the throne at the end, which looked more like a round sofa where Merrida sat. Behind  it beautiful murals narrating the story of how The First broke the land into many islands with her sword, her two sons and how one of them was banished.  To the sides of the room many lounges, where in one I sat with the others.  Behind us handmade flags of each region hung from the columns.   At first it seemed scary but, with these nice people like Chris cracking joke some funny some not as much it wasn't as bad. 
      Soon that waiting came to an end when Eleanor oldest of the Voided Triplets came back accompanied by someone.
'Apologies if the waiting was long', Eleanor spoke. 'My madam I present to you Child of the First, Samuel Carrasco'
       Samuel.  He stood at about 5'6, his dark wavy hair falling over his eyes, and curling around his neck.  His face, even though all the Children of The First are the same age he seemed older, more mature, more experienced.  His diamond grey eyes, beautiful, but they seemed full of sadness.  Something about him made him seem ancient, like an old photograph just that well, he's alive and fully colored. 
'Oh jolly!' Merrida stood from her throne and pounced towards Samuel with a grin.  She stood at exactly 6 almost 7 feet.  Her eyes always bright with a crazy spark. Her hands always had to be doing something, either solving her tenth Rubik's cube or messing up Samuel's hair even more than it already was.  Her almost white blond hair peeked out of the large wolf head she wore its body draping over her back like a cape, she claimed to have defeated it over 500 years ago when it tries invading The Void, and now she wore it as a trophy. 
'So, how'd you sleep friend?' She said holding him by the shoulders. 'Hopefully great! Questions! You must have questions!'
'Hey Merrida, yeah I do have questions actually' Sammy spoke stepping back. 
    Merrida's eyes lit up and she grinned a grin from one side of her face to the other, 'Ok! First lemme sit down oka!' She rushed to her throne and sat on it with authority. 
'So the war yesterday or maybe last week I dunno how long I've been asleep, did we win?' Samuel asked.  Merrida tilted her head as if trying to remember, 'Have you not been told? The war was won! Yippy! But, that was fifty years ago.'
      I didn't quite understand what was going on but the look on Samuels eyes was absolutely chattering.  He became pale. 
'What...' he managed. 'Ophelia. Where's Ophelia?!'
'Sammy. She's dead.'