Chapter 6

Juyeon miraculously made it back to school. They weren't out that far, it turned out. It sure felt like a mile for him, though, as he huffed and coughed in front of the school, the guards looking at him weirdly.

Just then, he heard George's voice, and he couldn't be more thankful, "Hey, where did you go? You suddenly disappeared!"

Juyeon held onto him and tried to steady his breath. "T-That.. Kristian.. he..."

"He what?" Realizing Juyeon's terror, George became worried, "Hey, dude, what happened?"

"He turned into a girl!" Juyeon shouted. And then, "No, he also turned into another person. Many forms. H-He.."

George was confused, and then he said. "Juyeon, Kristian's a shapeshifter. Didn't you know?"

Silence.

"What?" Juyeon's expression couldn't be explained. He turned a confused, utterly confused face. "What do you mean?"

"Kristian's part of the Night Family. They're shapeshifters. How do you not know? They're literally famous!"

"Ha-ha. How can you joke at a time like this?" Juyeon felt he was being ridiculed.

"I'm not - "

Their conversation could not continue, because a loud explosion caught both their attention.

And it was coming from the cafeteria.

George cursed, "Shit. It must be the Atre's brothers again."

The who?

"I've had enough with you!"

A red-haired young man flew out through the cafeteria wall, which is now open. Another person followed, but with black hair.

"I've long have had enough with you too!"

Juyeon, crouching down and hands covering both his ears from the explosion, watched as the person with red hair opened his palms, looking angered.

What he didn't expect, however, was for fire to come out of his hands.

It started small, with only smoke, and then it turned bigger, burned brighter, floating atop the man's palms. His eyes turned reddish, and it was quite the sight.

Juyeon was speechless.

The red-hair gritted his teeth towards the white-haired young man, and the two balls of fire in his hands instantly shot up.

The students watching around cheered.

That stream of fire couldn't attack the other person wholly. Instead, a ball of water enclosed the white-haired person and blocked the fire, creating only stones instead, which fell to the ground like snow. That protective circle then condensed into sharp-edged swords that flew back to the red-hair.

Juyeon fell back, astounded, and his feet didn't stop there. He continued walking backwards, two steps at a time, until he was speed-walking.

And then he ran.

He ran with all his might.

He ran as if the world was ending.

And, perhaps, his world was indeed ending.

George caught up to him, "Juyeon, where are you going? Why are you running?"

"I want to get out. I'm quitting."

George was shocked, and pulled him to a stop, "Hey, what?" Shock and confusion ran on his face, "Why so sudden? What happened? Were you scared by the brothers earlier? Don't worry they only do this like twice a month outside, and they never drag anyone else into it! Hey!"