Chapter 11

Author's Note:

     So sorry for the delay! Here's the 11th chapter, hope you enjoy it <3 Also, one character is still in the cave, and he has good reasons for it. So, stay tuned! Love you <333

/

"My name is Al – Alistair Atre's."

That introduction was met with a solid punch in the face.

It was too late for even Juyeon to control himself. At the time he realized he'd just punch a student – a vampire, at that – he hurriedly helped the poor boy from the ground. Alistair was holding his face and Juyeon attacked him with apologies, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! Are you okay?"

The man merely chuckled. "I must've surprised you. Wow," Alistair held his jaw and fixed his bone in its place, followed by a 'click!', "There! All better."

It was Juyeon who winced at that click, "I am so sorry for that. I mean, dude, why are you sneaking around like that? With that cloth, too. I thought you were a ghost, or something.." It then dawned on Juyeon. "Alistair? Diavolo said you're dead! What?"

"Yeah, um, no. I am just in hiding. For tomorrow's events. Also, has no one ever told you vampires don't die? Unless.." He cut himself off. That was pretty smart, Juyeon approved.

Then why was Diavolo and the others so serious earlier? What were they playing at?

Silence dawned upon the room at Juyeon's overthinking. He didn't understand the situation. At all. Diavolo said there's a corpse. That corpse turns out to be a piece of pillow and then became – Juyeon glanced at Alistair and his shiny blue mullet – this thing. Subconciously, he put his fingertips near his mouth but didn't nibble.

"Ah, I never quite caught your name. Can I have it?" Juyeon looked up and almost forgot there was still someone in front of him.

Juyeon took his hand palm out, "My name is Kim Juyeon, you can call me Juyeon." To which Alistair shook.

"Alistair Atre's. You may call me Al." Then showed a polite smile. "I apologize for surprising you earlier. I was just curious who was courageous enough to enter a crime scene at night. Well, not a real crime scene."

Juyeon decided to ask the question, "You said you're just hiding here, but whose blood is scattered on the floor? Is it pig blood?"

The other's smile never left his mouth, "Yes."

That means no one really died, then. I guess my investigation stops here. Juyeon plans to just go home. Back to the dorms. "Well, why are you hiding again? What happens tomorrow?"

"Ah, that. Nothing. There's just a game tomorrow made by the Hell Committee. You should join. Actually, you don't really have a choice."

"What, why?"

Al shrugged. "It's mandatory. It's a game but it's twenty-percent of your grades." Alistair looked at him, "I think you need to leave, transferee. It's not safe for you to be here."

"Agreed." Juyeon got the chills looking around the empty place. He then gestured to Alistair, "Let's go out!"

Al was hesitant. "I can't – " Without Juyeon noticing, the silhouette of a hand seemingly appears from the darkness behind him, "Watch out!" Alistair pulls Juyeon aggresively.

The two crashes into each other. Shocked, Juyeon instinctively places both his hands against the wall behind Alistair to prevent banging his head onto it. Both of them groaned with the contact and Alistair's hands circled Juyeon akin to an embrace.