Chapter 14

"Mister, wake up!"

Who's kicking his feet?

"Mister!" When Juyeon felt a sharp pain on his side, he hissed and opened his eyes. Only to see.. concrete.

Oh, he's sprawled on the ground.

That persistent childish voice was just above Juyeon, "Hmph! What an idiot. Why are you sleeping on the floor? Are you that poor?"

What met Juyeon's face was a large head with intense gray eyes. It was a kid dressed in pretty clothes, but the kid had a frown on – as if his life wasn't so great. Judgemental, indeed. Juyeon looked around and was, again, confused at where he was. His eyebrows crunched together, "Where am I?"

The kid probably thought him a crazy fool, "Where else but Hell, mister?"

Around them, there were busy streets and establishments, with various people crossing the road. It was a city. And they are currently on the sidewalk, being stared upon by a dozen.

Juyeon wasn't sure if they were people.

The kid offered him a hand, and he raised his hand up to take it, but the kid retreated his hand at the last second and brushed it across his own hair, instead.

Juyeon was dumbfounded. Annoying little devil!

Thus Juyeon helped himself up with that little devil chuckling to himself and dusted himself off. Juyeon looked around again, somehow the environments seemed odd. He couldn't fathom what it was.

Until, he saw it.

A bird in the sky glitched. Like, it disappeared for a split-second and then continued flying over the horizon.

Juyeon was at a loss for words.

Is he in a videogame?

It was only then that Juyeon realized he was being dragged by the kid. "Let's go look at my house! They just finished decorating, you'll surely be amazed!"

Juyeon walked around without a destination. None of these old-fashioned houses look familiar to him, and he's too scared of strangers to ask.

He whispered to the kid, "Where are we going?" As they entered through a forest. He's starting to feel the nerves now, why the hell did he let himself be dragged to some place by a kid?

What if this kid is a muderer's accomplice?

Night was coming, and Juyeon is starting to get cold. "Kid, are you sure this is the way? How about I give you to the police for the time being?"

"Shhh! We're here!" The pretty boy then smiled widely, looking up at a..

Juyeon cursed. A white house?

A white mansion.

It's the sort of mansions Juyeon often saw in horror movies.

Suddenly, a woman in white exited through the front door, looking like a statue of beauty. Juyeon was struck for a moment until she shouted, "Jaius, where have you been?"

"Mom!" The little devil beside Juyeon giddily ran over, his yellowish-eyes mirroring that of the sun high above, his happiness clear and innocent.

Hmn. How can someone have yellow eyes? Juyeon didn't think much of it. The two ushered him to come closer and he did.

The pale woman smiled, "Hello there, young man. My name is Isha, and this is my son Jaius. Thank you for bringing my son home safely."

Juyeon, "Oh no, I didn't – "