Diary Entries-4

May 28th,

I slept sitting near the study table as Junaid Bhai was sleeping on my bed. I woke up when sun rays fell on my face from the window located just next to the study table. I saw Junaid Bhai still sleeping on my bed. I got refreshed and tried to cook something for breakfast. Since my hand was burnt, it was very difficult for me to cook. I somehow cooked the food for myself and Junaid Bhai. I was super hungry but didn't have food since I decided to have it along with Junaid. I was waiting for about 2 hours for him to wake up but all went in vain. Finally, I decided to have my food. I had my food and washed the plate. It was burning like hell. Tears were flowing from my eyes.

"What are you doing?", I heard a loud voice.
I suddenly looked back to see Junaid Bhai standing there.
"Have you gone mad? Why are you washing the plate? Your hand hasn't healed, yet."
I didn't answer and wiped my tears. He told me to leave the kitchen and I did as he said.

He handed over an ice pack and instructed me to apply it on my burn. I did as he said.

"I'll go and get something for breakfast.", he said.
"Not required. I have already prepared the food for us. You can have it."

He gave me an angry look. I thought what was wrong.

"Tum na sirf topper ho lekin dimaag me kuch bhi nahi hai

"Tum na sirf topper ho lekin dimaag me kuch bhi nahi hai. You cooked food with your injured hand. How did you even manage to cook? Zyada smart baneki koshish mat karo. Chup chap baito aur rest Karo. I don't wanna see you doing any household work, today. Ok?"

I was shocked.

Then, he left the house and came back after 20 minutes.

We both had breakfast together. He didn't say whether it was good or not.

"How is your hand? Is it still burning?"

"No, it's fine. I have to apply the ointment."

He held my hand and started applying ointment on my hand.

"Sorry, just because of me, you have to endure this pain."

"No, that's ok.", I gave him a smile.

Around 1pm, he knocked at my door. I opened it only to find me with a plate full of food.

"Have this food for lunch. I have some important work so I have to leave. Have the food and lock the main door. Do not open until I come home. Ok?"

I nodded and he left soon after saying those words.

I was happy. He brought food for me and instructed me to stay safe. Does he really care for me? Finally, my brother cares for me.

Suddenly, my inner self asked me something, "You shameless woman, he accused you of having an affair and he humiliated you, every time. Still, you are considering him as your brother."

"That's fine, I'll forget everything. After all, he's my brother."

"Just wait and watch, dumb lady. He'll hurt you with his words, again."

"No, he won't do that.", I convinced myself.

Few hours later, Junaid Bhai came back to home.
He brought dinner from my favourite restaurant. We both were having food at the dining table.
I sensed that he was trying to convey something but didn't have the courage to say that.

"How is the food?", he asked me.
"Good.", I said.
"I asked Zafar which restaurant you like and bought your favourite food from your favourite restaurant.", he said while munching his food.

Whaaaat?

He asked my favourite food and restaurant from Zafar Bhai and bought it for me. Bhai ho to aisa. I was extremely happy.

"Thanks.", I said.

"Mmm... Hey... Maasi will be coming tomorrow. Just don't tell Maasi and Zafar about all those things which happened, yesterday. I got drunk but don't tell this to Maasi. My mother doesn't know that I drink. Ok?"

I nodded.

He finished his food and took his plate into the kitchen. Before entering the kitchen, he looked at me and said,

"Hey...iske baare me bhi mat bathana.", he pointed his finger towards my burnt hand.

"Ok.", I said.

"Ek baat puchu?"

He looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

I broke the eye contact and looked at my plate.

"Tumne Mera dhyaan isliye rakha kyunki you didn't want me to reveal anything about you to Maasi, right?"

He was processing something and murmured something.

"Yes", he said and went into the kitchen.

Now, I understand he did all these things so that I don't reveal anything to Maasi.

"Wow, my inner self you were absolutely right. He hurted me, again."

Just then, he came out of the kitchen and sat next to me.

"Apply the ointment and go to sleep.", he said.

I walked inside the kitchen and started doing the dishes.

"Hey...are you mad? What are you doing the dishes? Your hand might hurt."

"That's fine.", I said.

My hand was burning. He stood there looking at me.

Before leaving the kitchen, I said,

"Even, if  you wouldn't have taken care of me, I wouldn't have revealed anything about you being an alcoholic to anyone. I wouldn't have even uttered a word about your past to anyone. Thank you for showing me my place."

"Past?", he was confused.

"What do you mean by my past?", he asked.

I didn't say anything and locked my room's door.

He was knocking on my door.

"Sanam? Open the door. What do you mean by my past? What do you even know about me?"

I didn't open the door. I applied the ointment.

It was my fault. I shouldn't have trusted Junaid Bhai. All are selfish in this world.

Target: 10 likes and 5 comments