Truth Unveiled

Sanam's POV:

I was pleading Dhruv to not reveal anything to my family. I was following him trying to convince him. Just when we reached the stairs, I saw a figure standing there.

I froze looking at that person.

Dhruv didn't give a damn about him and went down.

That person standing near the stairs had tears in his eyes.

"Why did you do this to me, Sanam?", he asked.

"No, it's not what you're thinking.", I said.

He was Adhil, my husband.

"When you were in love with him, why did you even marry me?"

"No, no, I'm not in love with him. Please, believe me."

"Stop lying, Sanam. When I entered the terrace, I heard you screaming I love you, Dhruv. I'm not deaf.", he was wiping his tears which were falling off his eyes continuously.

"Adi, please listen to me. I'll tell you everything."

"No, Sanam. I had the best betrayal of my life today. That too from my wife. I'm happy. Now, what? You want divorce, right? I'll give divorce. Stay happy with your love. I'll talk to your parents."

"Nahi, please Aisa mat karo, adi. You are my husband. Dhruv was in love with me lekin I only saw him as a good friend. Mujhpe yakeen Karo."

"Kaisa karoon tumpe yakeen jab Maine khud dekha tumhe I love you kehte hue."

"I said that because he was trying to commit suicide. Didn't you see that he was standing on the railing of the terrace? Please, believe me."

He was standing there silently. His eyes were swollen. He gave me a look which conveyed that he can't trust me, anymore.

I held his hand but he yanked it. Just then, an idea popped up in my mind.

I took him to the CCTV room.

"Anna, can you please play the footage of terrace from 3:45 to 4:15?", I asked the CCTV incharge.

He did as I said. I gestured Adhil to look at footage.

He was watching keenly. After the footage ended, he looked at me.

"This is what I can do to prove that I'm not wrong. In spite of watching this footage, if you don't trust me, then I don't know what else will convince you to believe me. Sorry, Adhil."

I was about to leave the room when Adhil held my hand.

"After we got married, you asked me whether I had any girlfriends or was involved in any kind of romantic relationship. Why didn't you reveal about him to me? You said you were not involved in any relationships before. I trusted you, Sanam."

"Yes, I wasn't involved at all. It was all one-sided, Adhil. I never loved him. I considered him as a good friend. I was too hesitant to reveal about him to you. I needed some time to open up. Moreover, Dhruv's story was just a passing cloud in my life. That's why, I didn't reveal this to you. If you still don't believe me, I'll handover my diary to you. Read it and you'll get to know what feelings I had for Dhruv."

"Let it be. I'm not in mood to read anything or hear anything."

He exited the room and went down. I was following him asking him to listen to me, once. Just then, we bumped into Zafar Bhai.

I quickly held Zafar Bhai's hand.

"Bhai, dekho na. Adhi is not believing me. Bolo unse ki mere aur Dhruv ke beech me kuch bhi nahi hai.", I said with teary eyes.

He looked at me with pity and looked at Adhil.

"Adhil, I wanna..."

"Bas, Bhai. Sab jaantha hoon mai. Bas yaha nahi aana chahiye tha mujhe. Galati meri hai."

He entered the house and told his parents that he's leaving.

"Ammi, I'm leaving. I'm not feeling well."

"Itni bhi jaldi kya hai? Spend some time with your wife. Don't whine like a baby afterwards. She'll be coming to our house only after her semester gets over.", Adhil's mother laughed.

He didn't say anything. He looked at my Maasi and gestured her a bye with sad eyes.

"Arey, Sanam beta. Adhil ke saath niche Tak jao aur chodkar aao unhe.", Maasi instructed.

I nodded and went behind him. We entered into the lift and there was complete silence.

I hugged him as I started crying.

"Adhil, please samjo mujhe. Ab sirf tumhi ho meri zindagi. Mere life me koi aur nahi hai. Tell me what do you want me to do? I'll do it to prove that I wasn't wrong."

"Kuch bhi karoge?"

"Yes, cause I'm not wrong. I didn't love Dhruv."

"Fine, go and die, then.", he said.

The lift door opened.

I looked at him with disbelief.

"Hato, yaar. Tum bhi na", he said as he started smiling looking at someone.

I was completely baffled. Suddenly, I turned my head to look at that person who was none other than Junaid Bhai.

"Arey, Junaid ji, Aap kuch bhi nahi dekha, teek hai.", Adhil laughed.

Junaid smiled and hugged Adhil.

"Teek hai, Mai chalta hoon, Bhai. Chalta hoon, Sanam.", Adhil cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

He's doing all this to make Junaid Bhai beleive that we are madly in love with each other.

"Think about whatever I told you. Prove me you're not wrong by doing it.", he whispered and left from the lift.

Junaid Bhai entered the lift. The lift door closed.

"Bohot acha hai, Sanam yeh sab. Your boyfriend is going through hell and you're happily romancing inside a lift with your husband, shamelessly."

"Tum ladkiyon ko sukoon milta hai kya hum ladko ke Dil se khelne se. Sab ladkiya ek jaise hi hai. Agar tum logo ko commit hi nahi hona toh chance kyu dete ho, yaar. Just now, I saw him. Andhar se toot chuka hai woh and you know the reason, it's you, Sanam. Tumhara toh kuch bhi nahi bigda, life toh uski waste hogi abb. Kardiya na barbad uski life, khush raho ab apne pati ke saath".

(Do girls find peace breaking our(guys) hearts? If you people don't want to commit then why do you people give us a chance? He's broken from inside, Sanam. You lost nothing but his life is screwed. You ruined his life, right? Be happy with your husband, now.)

The lift door opened. Before he left, he scoffed these words.

"Ab please, Adhil ka dil mat todna. He loves you a lot."
(Don't break Adhil's heart, now)