07

Bella sat in bed. She knew that she was in shock with everything that happened and she knew it wasn't easy. All that she could think about was Jim. And what she had done to him.

She knew that it was a mess. Bella knew that she didn't know if she had killed him or not. But all that she felt was sick at the thought of it.

Belle knew that she gelt guilty. Max walked into the room. He handed her a coffee and smiled. "Your sister is asking questions. And so is your mum," he said as she sighed. Her head was a mess.

She took a sip of her coffee and rested her head against the headboard and sighed.

"I didn't mean to do it. I was angry and I was protecting my sister. I am not a bad person. But all I can think about is what he did to me in the past. And I snapped," she said as he sat in bed next to her and pulled her close.

He kissed the top of her head and held her close. "You went through some trauma. And it's normal to judge yourself. It will be okay," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

She knew how none of it was easy. "Do you think he is dead?"

"Hopefully after what did to you," Max said as he saw the look on her face. "I didn't mean it like that, I'm sure he is fine. Cowards like him always are," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

****

Bella got to work. She knew that her head was a mess. And it was the last thing she needed. She looked to see Lexie and smiled.

"Look I know that you are angry at me. I am sorry. But I don't regret what I did. I was protecting you. And I always will do," Bella said.

"Jim loves me."

"No Lexie. He doesn't he was abusing you. And it's something that you have to accept. I know it's hard. But I am telling you the truth. I always will tell you the truth. I will always protect you. He did the same thing to me," Bella told her.

"He told me that you're jealous."

"I don't give a damn about Fenner. You on the other hand, you're my sister. And I will look after you no matter what," Bella said as she and Lexie held a look.

****

Bella stood outside of the hospital. Her mum had asked her to meet her. Bella looked as Karen walked out. "Is he dead?" Bella asked.

"No he's not. He's alive. Is it true what? What he did to you? And what he is doing to Lexie?" Karen asked.

Bella nodded. "It isn't. I wouldn't lie about that. I'm sorry it's all my fault,"

"No. Don't you dare blame yourself. He is the one to blame," Karen said.

Bella looked to her, "What are you going to do?" She asked. She knew her mum. And she knew what she was capable of.

"I'm going to ruin him," Karen said as Bella frowned.

Knowing it wasn't going to be pretty.