Part 16

As the clock ticks, the tension mounts. The family members gather, awaiting the start of the crucial family meeting. The moment before the meeting begins is a quiet storm.

"Nadia what happened to you? Your nose is literally looking like a tomato is kept in place of it." Sanaah asked innocently immediately Nadia and Jamila emerged, to which Nadia forced a smile. That cracked some of the occupants of the room up because truly, her nose is looking very fat and reddish in colour, same applies to her eyes also and one need not be told that she cried.

Few minutes after Jamila and Nadia made an appearance, the Genius walked in side by side with Achraf. Their presence was enhancing, as if they had stepped out of a dream, radiating an otherworldly allure.

Their attractiveness seems to defy reality, as if they belonged to a fantasy world. The men kaftan they wore captivated all who crossed their paths.

Inna Ammi couldn't be happier seeing her son and her handsome nephew walk in with grace in their steps. She badly wants to shed a tear but decided against it.

Everything about Achraf reminds her of her brother, Achraf doesn't deserve what his mother did to him.

Right behind them, Rayyan, Zaayad and Aryan emerged, walking side by side, with grace in their steps and glow on their faces; Those three men are Jamila's siblings. They are truly handsome in their unique ways. Their look is one which makes every single lady wants to claim them.

Rayyan is the eldest who is of 27 years of age, followed by Zaayad who is 25 also the Genius's age mate, followed by Aryan who is younger than Jamila. Aryan is Achraf's age mate.

Zaayad walk up to his father who was sitting beside his uncle, kneeling in front of them. "Since all the events has taken place, I think I'll take my leave for I received a call that there's an urgent meeting with every member of the conglomerate. It will be held in Washington district so I have to catch the earliest flight. May Allah bless Muhammad's union." He said. From the manner in which he speaks, one will know he's very calm and well behaved.

"God bless you my son, safe flight." His uncle shook his hand with a big smile.
So did his father. He moved to hug his mother and sister as well as say his farewell to Inna Ammi and Hajiya Rukayya with so much respect.

The boys volunteered to accompany him to the airport but he declined, saying this gathering is more important. With that, he left.

They all settled down, glances were exchanged as everyone anticipate the interruption of the deafening silence; each heartbeat echoes the gravity of what is to come.

All of a sudden, Jamila's mother started to cry, using her veil to cover her face. Jamila rushed to her side, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She pushed Jamila's hand off her shoulder. "Let go of me Jamila, allow me to cry." She said. Jamila knew better than to be persistent for she knew her mother is just pulling an act.

"Haba Hajiya Amina, we are very sorry, all this isn't worth your tears." Inna Ammi said softly.

"Keh Batoul! Aren't you even ashamed? Your audacity is surely on another level, are you not the intruder that came between me and my brother? Ki na da bakin gayamin nayi shi....."

"Amina!" The doctor stated, in a calm voice yet from the tone, one will know he was daring her to continue talking to his wife in that manner.

Jamila's mother gulped, she couldn't remember when last her brother used that scary voice of his on anyone, and if he does, it means he is really angry. When they were kids, he always use it to talk to their step mother, which was why she was scared of him.