Husn

The next morning Ishan woke up to a call. It was the BCCI president. "Good morning, sir." "Good morning. Mr. Kishan, if you are free, can we meet today at 10 o'clock for looking over the agreement and if it is to your liking, you can start the practice from tomorrow." Ishan checked the time, it was 7.30 a.m., so there was enough time to prepare both himself and Aleya. "Yes sir. I'll be there, just send me the location." He hadn't even kept the phone down when it chimed with two notifications, one with the address of the office they would meet at and the other was from Virat bhai. It was an online ticket to their match in the afternoon, accompanied with the message, "Hamari Aleya ko saath zaroor lana." 

Ishan shook his head fondly. So like Gill's daughter to capture one's heart in the very first meeting. Typing a reply for Virat he began the Mission Impossible - waking Aleya up. "Beta, uth jao, subah ho gayi hai." "Aur do minute papa." "Mujhe BCCI president se milne jana hai beta." "Noooo." "Agar meri good girl jaldi se uth gayi toh hum badme Vi uncle, Ro uncle, Rishu uncle aur bhi dusre uncles ko milne jayenge." "Kya aap mujhe choco khaane doge?" "Jo kal apko Vi aur Ro uncle ne diye the?" "Mnnn." "Thik hai." Aleya sprang up from the bed as her father sighed, but he knew to take a win as he got it. Brushing, showering, dressing up, everything was done within 8.30 a.m. 

Deciding to have breakfast in one of the dhabas he and Shubman used to frequent, he asked, " 'Leya beta, breakfast karne chaloge?" "Choco?" She sounded astonished as to how her father forgot his promise. "Pehle proper food phir chocolates." "Ok", she pouted knowing that it was a losing battle. The dhaba hadn't changed a bit in the five years. They sat at the table he and Shubman usually took and ordered three bun parottas with a plate of tadka. Ishan fed Aleya, well, she could eat nicely with a spoon and with hand too if it was rice, but she hadn't yet mastered the art of having bread of any kind yet. As expected, she could have only 3/4 th of her parotta before her tummy was loaded. Quickly finishing the rest of the food, Ishan ordered a glass of chocolate lassi. He himself preferred unflavoured lassis, but his daughter was partial to chocolate. It was him who drank the major part of it though as Aleya got her much coveted chocolate to munch on. 

By the time they reached the location shared by the BCCI president, it was already 9.50 a.m. Ishan couldn't imagine how he got so lucky that they crossed paths with Anushka bhabi. She had Vamika with her who was a big girl now. Depositing Aleya in her care, Ishan entered the room. The discussion was pretty boring if he had to judge it, but no one made any derogatory or jabbing comments at him which was a relief. He signed the agreement and came to the park outside where he and Anushka had promised to meet. Aleya was having her time in the form of a playdate with Vamika and was it Samaira? It was and while the children were playing on the swings, Anushka and Ritika bhabi were chatting on a bench nearby. They greeted him when he went to them. "Kaise ho Ishan?" "Achha hu, bhabi. Ap sab thik hai na?" "Main to thik hu par Rohit to team ki fikr hai." "Kyu? Kya hua hai?" This time it was Anushka bhabi who replied, "You see Ishan, the new kids in the team lack experience and Virat, Ro bhai and most of the seniors are taking retirement soon. The next world cup is very crucial." "Par sab to isike liye hi train kar rahe hain na?" "Don't tell me you haven't seen Shubman's form degrading day by day!" Ritisha harshly interrupted. The actress placed a placating hand on her friend's wrist and pulled Ishan to face her, as if explaining a solution to a child, "Main janti hun zaroor tumhare paas apne reasons honge team chhodne ke aur main yeh nahi keh rahi hun ki your life doesn't matter. Mujhe sirf tumhe itna batana hai, ki jabse tum gaye ho, Shubman pehle jaisa nahi raha." 

"Woh bohot badal chuka hai. Kisi se dhang se baat nahi karta. Cricket abhi bhi uski jaan hai, par usse dekh kar lagta hain ki uski jaan mein ab jaan nahi rahi." "Tumhe samajh nahi aa raha hai na hum kya keh rahe hein? Hamare saath chalo aaj tum. Match dekhne." Ritika looked at her watch as she said it. "Sare bara baj rahe hai. Let's have lunch together before going to the stadium." The meal was a quiet affair as Ishan tossed over his learnings of the day. When they finally went to the stadium, it was just in time for the match to start. The kids were over excited to see the enthusiasm of the crowd. It was a charity T20 match - India versus Bangladesh, but it was important for the ICT as they had lost the past few matches pretty badly. As usual, it was Rohit bhai opening with Shubman after Bangladesh decided to field after winning the toss. The speectators never stopped making comments about Shubman when he had few close calls during the first couple overs. The hitman got out having made 52 runs in just 44 balls. It was Virat bhai who came next. He played an over before having a very serious chat with Shubi after which runs started coming from the opener's bats like hellfire. Their partnership alone reached about 150 runs, Shubman having just completed his century and Virat bhai nearing his own half-century. About four overs were still left when all hell broke loose. 

Shubman suddenly doubled over in pain, clutching at his abdomen. Ishan immediately stood up from his seat, ready to jump over the fence to reach out to his best friend when the paramedics rushed to the rescue. The lad couldn't play anymore, but when the trio went to meet the players in the dressing room after India won the match, the players of the ICT hounded upon him. 

Abbe saale tu tha kidhar itne din?

Pata hain tujhe kitne calls kiye?

Tune mujhe instagram par bhi block kar diya!

Messages ka reply kyu nahi kiya!

"AAP SAB THODI DER KE LIYE SHANT HO JAIYE. MEIN AAPSE KAL BAAT KARLUNGA. SAB KUCH BATAUNGA. PAR AB BOLO SHUBI KIDHAR HAI?" 

"Ha, ha, aate hi tujhe sirf aapne husband ki pari hai?" Surya bhai taunted to receive such strong glares from five pairs of eyes that he cowered in their presence. "Shubi ko doctor ne medical examination room mein rakha hai. Tu usse room no. 32, 1st floor par le ja sakta hai?" Rohit asked. "Ji bhai. Agar mein aaj raat yahi pe ruku to koi problem hogi?" "Nahi nahi. Shubman doesn't even have a partner to share his room," Virat informed. "Aap Aleya ka dhyan rakhna thik hai?" "Don't worry Ishu. Most of us are experienced in this matter." Ishan crouched to come to eye-level with his daughter, "Beta, meine aapko Shubi uncle ke bare mein bataya tha na, unki tabiyat kharab hai. Unhe ab meri zaroorat hai. Aap behave karoge na team ke saath." "Ok, papa. Main bohot saare friends banaungi." "Bye, beta. Good night." With this he walked off to the room where Shubman was temporarily resting. Pausing for a moment to gather up his courage, Ishan opened the door which gave way smoothly without making a single sound.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Meine socha tha ki aaj raat ko update dunga, par meri readers family ne mujhe itna bully kiya, main khudko rok nahi paaya. This was kind of a filler. Agle chapter mein milan hoga hamare heroes ka. Mereko insta par yeh mila. Dekho aur enjoy karo. 

Aur ek baat, agar main aaj raat ko update nahi kar paaya, iska malab hain ki agla update Saturday raat ko hoga, kyuki I have doctor's appointment tomorrow at night. 

Moreover my pre-boards results are coming out tomorrow. Pray for me.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0b8IOAvqDY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Enjoy, Adiraj.