Akhiyaan

Shubman had to pinch himself thrice, each time harder than the last, just to convince himself that he was not dreaming, that his ISHAN was not a fever induced hallucination. The other man stood frozen at the bathroom, his hand still holding the towel he was using to dry his hair, though the motions had stopped, and was it SHUBMAN'S OWN TOWEL around his WAIST?!!! 

shubman.exe has stopped functioning!

Red alarms blared throughout his head. He must say something but his eyes drank up the sight of a slightly chubbier Ishan, don't get him wrong, it looked like someone had filled up his voluptuous body even more, his pectorals seemed cushier - Shubman had to resist the sudden urge to sink his teeth in them, the lines of his abs had slightly faded, there seemed to be a slight scar at the junction of his waist and the towel - it wasn't clear enough for him to distinguish when Ishan's waist seemed thinner, his hips wider, his thighs thicker than he could remember. 

Ishan stood at the bathroom door, unable to speak a word as his throat felt parched while he saw Shubman drinking up the sight of his body like Tantalus, a man who had starved for ages, his eyes dark and hungry. He knew, he had lost quite a bit of weight in the past years but the hormones from the pregnancy had filled out some *special* regions of his body. He had been tight on money after leaving cricket, so going to the gym to maintain his figure had been a big no-no. Suddenly, Ishan became hyperaware of a water drop sliding down his throat from his hair. 

Shubman's eyes followed the sinful drop which cascaded down the curve of Ishan's collarbone, through the valley of his pectorals, around his abs, before the kawab mein haddi towel at his waist absorbed it at his V-line. His tattooed arms flexed mouthwateringly when he brought down his hand from his hair and walked towards Shubman. Ishan didn't know how he got the sudden courage to approach Shubman with both of their eyes locked with each other. He slowly stepped past the furniture in the room to sit on the edge of the bed as he touched Shubman's forehead with the back of his palm. 

The cricketer moaned at the coolness of the palm against his slightly warm forehead. His cheeks were ablaze, with his ears tinted a slight pink. His eyes closed involuntarily, savouring the touch he had craved for years. "Tu abhi hi hot hain, par kal se bohot behtar hai." Shubman opened his eyes the moment he heard the voice that rang like the universe's most melodic harmony in his ears to be able to enjoy the olive countenance of his "best friend" turn a hot pink as the man realised what he had spoken. Ishan lowered his eyes, unable to handle the embarrassment breaking the moment. He was sitting too far away for comfort as the taller scooted closer to him before engulfing him in a hug. 

Shubman broke down crying in the crook of Ishan's neck. "Nahi rote, bachcha. Shubman, teri tabiyat phir se bigaad jayegi, maat ro." Ishan tried placating him while rubbing circles on his back. Wetness pooled in the trench between his clavicle and scapula, but the former cricketer didn't mind a bit. Even after all these years, he would happily break himself over and over again to see those dimples on Shubman's face. "Kidhar chala gaya tha tu?" "Mu-mujhe break chahiye tha." "Toh kya 5 saal mein ekbar bhi tujhe meri yaad nahi aayi? Ekbar bhi call nahi kiya, message nahi kiya! You fucking blocked me! WHY?" Shubman realised that he really did not want to hear the answer to this queston, it would break him to know that Ishan really did not need him in his life. But to his astonishment, Ishan took his face in his much smaller palms, thumbs wiping away at the moisture still leaking from his eyes.

"Meri taraf dekh." This was a command the Punjabi could never disobey, not when it was spoken in such a tone. Teary eyes met the glassy obsidian orbs as Ishan's next statement rumbled through his heart, "Tujh mein meri jaan basti hai, samjha. Mein abhi nahi bata sakta in 5 saalo mein meine tere saath aisa kyu kiya. Mujhe afsoss iss baat ka nahi hai ki mein tujhse duur tha, gaam iss baat ka hai ki meine tujhe iss misunderstanding mein chhood diya ki tu mera apna nahi hai. You mean the world to me, Shubi and I would fucking kill for you, any day, give anything for your happiness, even if the price is me." Shubman had no words left after this warm confession started soldering the cracks in his heart, his eyes were trained on the heart shaped lips, a part of his mind wanted to devour them, claim Ishan as his but the more dominant, saner part wanted to bask in the comfort of his special one's embrace. 

Shubman hid his face in the crook of Ishan's neck again, the ac being on, his tears had mostly evaporated he nuzzled at the soft skin, his lips tracing down the shapes of his words, etching them permanently into Ishan's skin - "Tu mera sab kuch ae, Ishu. Promise kar, aisa phir kabhi nahi karega. Tujhe meri kasam, Ishu, tune phirse mujhe ghost kiya to mera mara..." His words were muffled by a soft hand that pressed him closer to the other's body by his nape. "Shhh, aisi baate nahi karte. I promised it last night, and am doing so now again. Phir kabhi tujhe aise chhod ke nahi jaunga." The patient heaved a sighed of relief as his body turned into a puddle of mush enjoying the cool warmth of Ishan before the door to his room burst open with a high pitched squeal and fits of childish giggling. A child entered. She was a toddler, about three or four and ran into Ishan's arms who abandoned Shubi to hug this newcomer closer. Shubman could hear the thunder loud and clear on the very sunny morning as his heart shattered when the child kissed Ishan on the cheeks, saying, "Good morning, PAPA. I missed you." His world darkened once more. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Would you like Aleya's POV in the next chapter? Mera exam thik thak gaya. Ab dekhte hai result kaisa hota hai. Mereko phir se apne power couple ki drawing banane ka bhut char gaya hai, par picture select nahi kar pa raha hun. Agar apke paas koi achhi photo ho, toh mere instagram id: Lonely_Writer_Wolf par send kar dena. 

Mein NSEB ke second level ke liye select ho chuka hun!!!! 

Aaj ke update mein kya drama zyada hogaya? 

Enjoy, Adiraj.