Chhoti si Chiraiya...

Abhi woke up with a killer headache, but what did he expect when he was drinking like a swan?! "Shaanti mil gayi tumhe?" Mayank's sarcastic voice cut through the air. "Aise keh rahe ho ki aapne enjoy nahi kiya", he rebuked. Abhi did not know if the bitter aftertaste in his mouth was due to alcohol or jealousy but before he could ponder anymore over it, a glass was shoved in his hand with a strict instruction, "Piyo." Fuck! It was bitter, it was sour, it was spicy! "Kya hai yeh! Meri jaan loge kya?" "Kal sharab toh khub shauk se piya tha, aur aaj nasha utarne ka ayurvedic totka pasand nahi aa raha!" Mayank glared at him. "Meanie", Abhi pouted as he finished the glass in one go. 

Mayank took it from him and asked, "Ab ankle kaisa hai tumhara?" When he got no reply to his question, he sighed and went to keep the glass in the sink. After returning back, he saw Abhi sitting up on the bed. He sat beside him and removed the sheets covering his baby's body. "Paer dikhao..." Slowly Abhi stretched his feet out to him. Mayank slowly unwrapped the compression bandage. There was a nasty bruise underneath, just above the ACL. The younger flinched when he touched it slightly. "Chalo, nahalo... Phir breakfast karke practice bhi toh jaana hai." Abhi was about to get up by himself, but Myank stopped him. "Kaha jaa rahe ho?" "Aapne hi toh bola nahane ko?" "Oh, cutu!" Mayank pulled his cheeks lightly before carrying him in bridal style to the washroom. He seated him on the ledge by the basin, handing him the toothbrush before filling the bathtub with a lot of bubble and essential oils. 

"Aaj koi special din hai?" "Tumhare saath har ek din special hai Abhay." Placing a soft kiss on his forehead, his lover took him to the bathtub. They shared it with Mayank cleaning him thoroughly, without a trace of lust in his actions. "Breakfast main kya hai?" Abhi asked while drying his hair. "Cereal, peanut butter sandwich aur orange juice. Tum yahi thehro, main leke aata hun." The bowler brought it to bed for him, but from the younger's expression it was clear that he craved some homemade food. "Starfish, please ab yeh khalo! Pakka dinner main kuchh achcha banaunga." "Aap nahi khaoge?" "Main baadmain kha lunga." Abhi offered him a spoonful of cereal from himself. Mayank had it like it was the best food in the universe. "Aise nautanki kyu kar rahe ho aap?" Abhi blushed. "Tumhe nahi pata, Cupcake? Tumse judi har cheez mere liye jannat hai. Ab paer dikhao." the elder placed a fleeting kiss on the bruise, leading to a trail of gooseflesh on the milky legs. "Chi chi! Yeh kya kar rahe ho!" "Shhh. Just kissing it better. Tum khaane par focus karo." Mayank applied the pain relief gel the junior medic had given him and wrapped the bandage securely over it. 

He set out the clothes for Abhi before taking away the dirty dishes. He sped through his breakfast and saw Abhi brushing his hair. He had dressed up already. Mayank did the same and the two went for practice. Well, Abhi was resting and learning about his past mistakes from the older clips and taking theory classes while the other was in the field, bowling against Shubman. When they took a five minutes break after a couple hours, Mayank thanked the young batsman, "Thank you Gill." "Achanak se thank you kyu?" "Kal raat Abhi ka dhyaan rakhne ke liye." "Woh mera bhi dost hai Mayank! Ismain thank you ki kya baat hai?" That very moment Ishan came skipping, "Shubuuuuu....." Mayank could practically see the heart eyes they made at each other. "Ishuuuuuuuuuu" "Tu akele Mayu se kya baat kar raha hai?" "Woh main tere pati ko thanks bol raha tha, Bihari." "Tujhe ek free ki salah deta hun Punjabi! Tu mere Shubu se duur rahiyo. Aur jaake apne kaka pe focus kar." "Abhi ko kya hua?" "Akele mayus baitha hai, dekha maine." "Kaha hai?" "Abhi toh udhar tha!" Markhande's eyes followed to where Ishan was pointing, only to find Abhay walking off with Virat bhai. Just then, their coaches shouted for them to go back to their practices. Mayank made a gamble he hoped he would not regret.

"Ishu, mujhe teri beti se nahi milwayega?" "Kyu nahi? Natasha bhabi aaj usko drop karne waale hai, practice ke baad!" "Ok, toh practice ke baad West Gate pe milte hai!" Mayank practiced the rest of the time before lunch with Sir Jadeja. According to his coach, he needed to learn how to handle batters who valued finesse as much as the Rajput. To be honest, Mayank was intimidated by the allrounder. While going for lunch, he met Tilak. "Oye, Tillu! Lover boy ko miss kar raha hai?" The South Indian seemed a bit subdued. "He's leaving this weekend." Oh no! This was a sensitive topic. Mayank could never fathom maintaining a long distance relationship. Abhishek was the air he breathed, the water that quenched his thirst. "It will be alright!" Mayank squeezed the younger's shoulders. "Bohot pyaar karta hai tujhse." "Par aisa lagta hai ki kuchh chhupa raha hai!" That very moment, Abhi came there. "Kaun kya chhupa raha hai." "Aur maat bolo bhaiya. Mera DB!" The eldest tried to mediate, "Abhi aaj practice ke baad Ishan ki beti se milne jaoge? Tilak tu bhi chal humare saath!" "Nahi bhaiya, mujhe yeh kuchh din Brevis ke saath bitane hai." "Ok, whatever suits you."