BROKE TO REUNITE

Listen to "Consequences" by Camila Cabello, and "Almost is never enough" by Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes.

So Hyun and Chan were in the nightclub, in a peaceful atmosphere at the VIP lounge, chugging down bottles of whiskies. Three years ago, when Chan was 23 and nothing but a homeless, jobless adult with a sister who was 17, he crossed paths with So Hyun. She belonged to a poor family, but was married off to a rich business household where she had to go through domestic violence everyday. They unleashed their pasts to one another, Chan wasn't an orphan, his parents were just doing poorly in Australia.

So he thought of not being dependent on them, and start a life of his own in South Korea, he brought his sister with him because he felt bad for her. And look what he got himself into, he was an absolute trash bin which didn't even have trash in it. He could barely make a living for himself, let alone his sister. That's where his obsession with money comes from. Only the poor would understand it's importance. He didn't have any grudge against rich people but definitely despised those who said, "Money can't buy happiness." Like, look at him now, he has money, and even though he might not be cheerful all the time and has got stuff to worry about, money is still the only reason he can keep that smile on his face 24/7, well, that is if you don't consider the fact that it's fake. But at least he can buy whatever he wants, travel anywhere with that limitless card of his, and that's what makes him the happiest, if we want to ignore that it's just money that keeps him alive.

Back then, So Hyun would secretly give the siblings to eat, clothes to wear. So Hyun wouldn't have suffered in her own household if she hadn't been a bad bitch.

Chan advised her, despite her being older, to seduce her husband so that she can get her hands on his wealth. That advice was jackpot. Everything took a 360° turn where Chan was doing well. All because of So Hyun. If it went on like this, he was going to be some normal businessman or something, as So Hyun promised to help him with everything. But one night, he accidentally, or you'd say subconsciously killed some drunkard who was harassing his sister.

He frantically dialled the first number on his call log, which happened to be So Hyun.

Instead of giving ideas of how to dispose the body, she told Chan about organ trafficking and how much money you can make from them. And he was greedy. So Hyun knew some merchants, and their journey started like this. When they earned enough cash from this, they discovered even more ways to earn money. And then, So Hyun left her husband and made a small group of hers in Korea, while Chan travelled from country to country, bribing and threatening successful and huge companies' CEOs to work for him.

Hwang Industries was one of those.

They were true partners in crime, but then an orphan named Lee Minho and some guy named Han Jisung killed So Hyun's subordinates, Kwak Sung Ha and Kim Ho Yeon. They kept a close eye on those two, as Chan said it'd be such a waste to go bring back Minho, and to their luck Minho didn't do anything against them. But he did do something teaming up with someone who he was as close as he was with So Hyun, when he found out that Minho and and that detective, Changbin has become friends.

So Hyun coming to see Chan all the way to Toronto was regarding that issue, but they haven't exchanged a word till now except for the greetings and Hi, Hellos.

They weren't formal, it's just that Chan was doing something in his MacBook and was busy.

When he closed it, his pupils lastly darted to the frown in So Hyun's face, that grew deeper and deeper as she hated not getting attention. Chan would've dated her, if she wasn't older, and...well, he wasn't gay. But it's not like that they haven't had sex, Chan had a pre-dominance kink and she had a degrading kink. Perfect match. The time they did this was when Chan went to Australia to see his parents who were financially stable then.