chapter 25

I suddenly got hold on my breath

I suddenly got hold on my breath. I opened my eyes slowly. My vision was still blur. I couldn’t see things properly. Blood is running down my forehead. I realized that the person infornt of me is Neil.

“Neil” I shouted.

But there was no response from him. I tried to get a hold on my self. I wanted to get up with the support of my right hand but I couldn’t. It started aching again as I hit my right shoulder to the rock. After few trials I finally got hold on my body and got up. I ran to him. I tried to make him conscious but I couldn’t. I kept on shaking him but no use. I lifted his head and laid on my lap. I felt some wet on my dress. I slowly touched back of his head. My hands were fully covered with blood. My hands started trembling by seeing his blood.

“Neil please wake up. You are frightening me please open your eyes and look at me”.

I didn’t know what to do to stop the bleeding. I looked at all my surroundings to find something. Then I remembered that Neil always carry a first aid box in his car. I slowly his head from my lap and placed it slowly on the ground. I rushed to the car and bought the first aid box. I laid his head on my lap. I started treating his wound I thought of wrapping it around. There was no bandages in the box.

“What should I do now?” I thought.

I tore my dress and tied it around his head. I need to get some one for help. It will take a lot of time for the ambulance to arrive. I can’t take any risk. We need to hurry.

“Just wait for me here. Please hang on Neil”.

I laid his hand slowly on the ground and got up. I suddenly felt my eyes rolling. I was still bleeding so my strength is becoming low. My steps are unable to move further. “Ina you need to gain strength for Neil” I said to myself. I took the support of the wall and walked in. My head started spinning again. I could barely see the people infornt of me. I closed my eyes and called Dad. I saw him infornt of me. “Please help me dad”.

I felt a warm breeze hugging me. It made me feel like he was hugging me. It was like he is around me and watching me. I felt like he called my name and said “Ina, my daughter is a lioness. She won’t give up that easily. Come on you can do that”. I opened my eyes after listening to those words and saw my standing infornt of me. He was asking me to come to him. While clapping for me to walk towards him like he used to do when I was a child. I moved a step further and my dad was moving back. I finally reached to them and I couldn’t find my dad in front of me.

The truth hit me suddenly. Adi, mom, Anay, Reehan and other brother were standing there around dad. I walked to them and called “Adi".

 I walked to them and called “Adi"