getting over it

Bela bursts back into their room after an hour, causing Leighton to groan in annoyance.

"What do you want, Bela. We're watching a movie."

"Oh come on, that's so boring. Let's do something fun," says Bela wiggling her eyebrows.

"There are tons of new guys here and you know I love some eye candy."

"Look Bela, if you want to do something else, go for it, but don't bother us. Don't you have to be at your new college anyway?"

"I'm already there. The other one was super lame, so I got my old spot back."

The girls look at her in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me? How is that even possible?"

"I'm amazing Leighton. They would be dumb if they wouldn't take me back."

Leighton rolls her eyes and Mabel looks at them curiously.

"What about you Mabel. You seem like a fun person. Don't you want to go to the best party of the semester? Kimberly said she thinks your bi and there will be tons of hot people at that party, that are just waiting to make out with someone hot like you."

Leighton turns to Mabel a bit taken back by Belas statement. She wasn't wrong. Mabel was stunning and she would definitely find somebody at that party. An uncomfortable feeling settled in her stomach, which she immediately tried to shove away.

"Where is Kimberly anyway? I thought you guys wanted to hang out?", she says trying to focus on Bela.

"She's with Canaan. She immediately left after he asked her to come over", Bela replies annoyed.

Leighton notices that Bela is about to ramble on about how friends should come first, so she intervenes:

"You know Mabel. If you want to go we can totally watch the movie some other time. Not saying Bela is right, but the first party's are pretty memorable at Essex."

Mabel takes a sip of her tea, making the girls wait in anticipation before grinning.

"I wouldn't mind a bit of fun"

Bela squeals as she jumps onto the bed and hugs them both.

"Okay, your first proper party in Essex. This is going to be so much fun. What do you want to wear and what's your type for girls and guys so I can find someone and

"Slow down, Bela," Leighton interrupts, gently pushing her off the bed so they can get up.

"but that's actually a good question," she says, smirking at Mabel.

"What is your type."

Bela rolls her eyes at Leighton and nudges her with her elbow.

"Get that smug look off your face, Leighton. It's not like she's going to say you're her type. Not every gay girl is gonna be into you."

She looks at Mabel, who is still staring at Leighton.

"You're not, are you?"

Mabel walks up to Leighton, a smile curving upon her lips.

"I do love a hot blonde."

Leighton blushes, not expecting that answer.

"but, I don't really have a type. I just go for whoever I want" Mabel states winking at Leighton before turning and walking to her side of the room.

Bela stares after her, her mouth hanging slightly open.

"Damn, that was so hot. Don't you think so, Leighton?"