we're back

Mabel wakes up to a few sun rays hitting her face. She knows she hasn't slept enough and her head is killing her. Looking around, she notices that Leighton's bed is empty.

There is a glass of water on her bedside table, with a few crackers and one of those hangover packages next to it, which makes her grin. She isn't used to someone doing this, but she has to admit it is nice.

Still enjoying the warmth of her bed, she checks her phone for the time. It's half past seven, which makes her wonder why she's even awake. Knowing she wouldn't able to sleep anymore, she decides to get up. There isn't anybody in the living area, so she sits down and listens to some music, while drawing in her sketchbook.

Half an hour later, Kimberly opens the door to their dorm and throws a bag on the floor.

"Good morning, roomie. Do you want to get some breakfast? I've already texted Whit, Leighton and Bela," she says, smiling broadly.

Mabel agrees and they head off to meet the girls at a café. Whitney and Kimberly are still a little awkward with each other, but the tension from a few days ago is gone.

Whitney talks about her moving out of Kappa, which makes Kimberly squeal in excitement. She also tells them that Jackson has switched dorms, which is probably the best decision, after all that has happened. Bela tells them about a guy named Dean, saying that he isn't Eric, but that she had a good time anyway.

Mabel is a little confused about some of their topics of conversation, but overall she feels very comfortable with all of them.

They are in the middle of debating where Leighton is, when she walks in wearing oversized clothes. She's not wearing any makeup and looks a little tired, but Mabel has to admit that she looks adorable.

She realizes she is staring and averts her gaze. Leighton plops down on a chair next to her and raises a finger to stop Bela from talking.

"Don't even start, Bela. I'm not going to tell you who I was with, and I'm not going to tell you about my night. You know that," Leighton says wearily.

"You look like you've been up all night, so I bet it was mind blowing," Bela says, smiling eagerly at Leighton.

Leighton ignores her and orders black tea, to which the other girls look at her in confusion. She tells them that her mother made her stop drinking coffee during the break, because her coach said it was bad, to which they all nod in understanding.

Can you at least tell us how you met the girl?" Bela continues to ask.

Leighton plays with her rings in annoyance, while all eyes are on her. Not all of them, she realizes. Mabel is absently looking out the window. Is she all right? Leighton kind of feels bad for leaving yesterday, maybe Mabel had needed more support after what had happened.

"Leighton?"

Bela's impatient voice snapps her out of her thoughts.

"Okay, fine. No, I didn't meet her at the party. We matched on a dating app," she explains.

As she says this, Mabel focuses on her again.

"Oh, that makes sense. I thought you and Mabel left the party together, so I was a bit confused," Bela says.

"We did leave together, but I went to bed when we got home," Mabel states, looking at Bela.

"Yeah, and I met my date afterwards," Leighton explains.

Mabel and the others nod and Kimberly changes the subject by asking Mabel about her interests.

Mabel talks about basketball and proudly tells them that her sister taught her everything she knows about that.