Welcome To point based System

Hirata's face got even darker. A part of the class still failed to understand; her explanation had the opposite effect. The students who wanted to change their bad behavior had their moods dampened. That is Chiyabashira-sensei's; no, the school's aim.

The bell rang, signaling the end of homeroom.

"Looks like we had too much idle chit-chat. Hopefully, you understood. Anyway, let's move on to the main issue at hand."

She spread out the white poster that was rolled into a tube. Taking a magnet, she stuck it onto the board. The students looked at the paper, still confused.

"Is this... the results of each class?"

Horikita tried to explain the paper even though she was only half sure. Perhaps it's true.

Classes A to D were listed on the paper, with numbers right next to them.

Our class D with 0. Class C with 490. Class B with 650 and Class A had the highest number with 940. I guess 1000 points would mean 100,000 yen? All the classes lost points in some way.

"Hey, don't you think this is strange?"

"Yea... the numbers are too clean."

That was indeed true. The difference in the point system was too much. It seems this woman will dump every explanation in short notice.

"For the first month, all of you have been doing as you please. Now, the school's not saying that this is prohibited. Your actions, such as talking during class and being late to class, just affects the number of points you get. It's the same with how you use points. You have the freedom to use points how you want. We haven't restricted how you use your points."

"This isn't fair! We can't lead a normal school life like that!"

Ike, who had stayed quiet until now, shouted out.

Yamauchi was also crying out in agony. That guy already used up all his points...

"Look carefully, you stupid kids. Every other class except class D got some points. The amount of points you guys have should still be plenty enough to last for a month."

"H-how do the other classes have any points left? That's strange..."

"I'll tell you, but it's not like this is some kind of fraud. For this past month, all the classes were judged by the same rules. Nevertheless, they didn't lose as many points as you guys did. That's a fact."

"How... how is there so much difference in points between the classes?"

"Did you guys finally understand? Why you were put in class D."

"The reason we were put in class D? Isn't that because we were appropriate for this school?"

"Eh? That's how ordinary classes work, you know?"

Everyone exchanged glances.

"In this school, all the students are divided into classes by merit. The best students are put in class A. The worst in class D. Well, it's a system that's found in major cram schools. In other words, class D is the collection of leftovers. That also means that you are the worst students, the defective products of this school. This is really an outcome worthy of defective students."

Horikita's face stiffened. Looks like the reason behind the class division really shocked her.

Certainly, it's better to put smart people with other smart people, and incapable people with other incapable people. If you put rotten mandarins with good mandarins, the good mandarins will rot faster. The superior Horikita is inevitably in shock at this sort of division.