Chapter 1

Breanna's tired eyes strained against the road's darkness as her best friend's voice crackled through the phone. "Come on, Bree, show that road who's boss. It's just you and the asphalt, and we both know you've got the coolest playlist to keep you company."

Weary from the journey, Breanna mustered a weak smile, the fatigue evident in her eyes. "The road might be winning this round, but my playlist is on fire."

The night cloaked everything in shadows, and the long drive began to blur into an exhausting journey. Breanna's friend, ever the cheerleader, chimed in, "You know, if this were a movie, you'd be the badass protagonist on a mission. And remember, the hero always faces a few bumps in the road, metaphorical and literal!"

Breanna chuckled, the tension easing slightly. "Let's hope my plot twist doesn't involve hitting mysterious strangers."

Her friend laughed through the earpiece, "Hey, if it does, just ensure she's a supernatural ally, not the villain. We need some plot twists, not a horror movie!"

Amid her fatigue, a figure materialized on the road ahead. Panic seized Breanna, and it was too late to swerve or brake. The sickening thud echoed through the night as she collided with the stranger. "Fuck!"

Her friend's concerned voice crackled through the phone. "What's wrong?"

Trembling, Breanna wiped her face and stumbled out of the car. Her shaky knees carried her to the front, where a dreadful sight awaited. "F-FUCK!"

Her friend, alarmed, pressed, "What is it, Bree? Are you okay?"

Breanna's voice quivered, "I-I...think I hit someone."

"What?!" The shock reverberated through the phone, mirroring the haunting reality on the lonely road. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes," Breanna's hands trembled as she beheld the woman sprawled on the cold asphalt, a shocking contrast to the night's silence. The stranger's body language screamed desperation and fear, accentuated by her blood-stained clothes and messy hair. Her injured bare feet told a silent tale of a chaotic escape. "F-Fuck!"

Panicking, Breanna stammered, "Oh my god, are you okay?"

The woman's wild eyes met Breanna's, a mix of terror and silent pleading. She reached out a trembling hand towards Breanna, blood smearing across her pale skin. "Please... help me. Take me away," she begged in a hoarse whisper.

"Bree, what's wrong? Did I hear someone asking for help?"

Breanna's heart raced, torn between fear and compassion. "W-What happened to you?"

The mysterious woman, refusing to disclose any information, clung to Breanna's sleeve, her grip desperate. "Take me away! Please take me away! Please! Please! Please!"

As Breanna tried to guide her towards the car, her friend's voice echoed through the phone, a worried undertone seeping in. "Bree, this feels wrong. You need to get out of there."