Chapter 7

"There's no time to panic, Brea. We've got to keep moving." Jack's usually calm voice now carried a raw urgency.

Blake cursed. She took the lead, her terrified eyes scanning the surroundings with a mix of determination and dread. "Stay close, and keep moving. We need to reach the weapons cache before they surround us."

Brea, her initial shock giving way to a survival instinct, followed closely behind. Jack and Nick flanked them, their eyes darting between shadows as the grotesque snarls of the flesh-eaters intensified.

"They're faster than before," Jack remarked, his usual calm demeanour betraying a hint of concern.

Nick, usually quick with a retort, remained silent, focusing on the task. The group reached a clearing where a hidden cache of weapons awaited, strategically placed as if the room was designed for their harrowing encounters.

Hidden among the fabricated shrubbery lay a cache of weapons - a grim necessity for their survival. Still processing the surreal reality around her, Brea observed her colleagues with awe and terror.

"Grab whatever you can," Blake urged, her eyes scanning the assortment of makeshift weapons. "Choose wisely. Aim for the head, and don't hesitate."

Brea hesitated for a moment, taking in the array of tools. The air buzzed with tension as she selected a metal pipe, its cold surface offering a reassuring weight in her hands.

Nick, consistently brash, seized a wooden plank with a nail protruding from one end. "Let's give these monsters a taste of their own medicine."

Jack chose a sturdy branch with a sharpened edge. "We stick together. Move strategically. Don't let them corner you."

The guttural sounds of the approaching monsters shattered the forest's unnatural silence. Blake fought side by side with her colleague, but her gaze was sometimes unfocused and then unwavering. "Remember, these things don't stop easily. Aim for the head, and keep moving."

The air thickened with the stench of decay, and the unnerving shadows seemed to close around them. The alarm's wail echoed, intertwining with the guttural snarls of the approaching monsters. Shadows twisted and contorted, and the makeshift weapons in their hands became their only lifeline against the encroaching horde.

"Stick together! Move as a unit!" Blake's nervous command, though laden with fear, echoed through the clearing. The group tightened their formation, their makeshift weapons raised desperately to fend off the approaching onslaught.

Brea, wielding the metal pipe, felt a surge of adrenaline as the first zombie lunged at her. The forest room echoed with her hurried expletives, "Fuck! Fuck!"

The air hung heavy with the stench of decay as she swung the pipe with all her strength. The metallic clang reverberated through her hands, and the creature stumbled backwards. However, its relentless hunger remained undeterred, prompting Brea to brace herself for the next assault.

Amid the eerie silence, punctuated only by the guttural growls of approaching flesh-eaters, Jack's branch cleaved through the air, its sharpened edge landing with a sickening thud against a zombie's skull. "Aim for the head!" Jack's typically calm demeanour gave way to a fierce determination that underscored the gravity of their situation.

She gripped the metal pipe, breathing heavily. It's just like breaking a watermelon...

Watermelon 1..

Watermelon 2..

Brea's agile movements stole the spotlight as she gracefully sidestepped an oncoming zombie, her heightened agility transforming the treacherous terrain into a dance floor. The metal pipe, an extension of her will, waltzed through the air as she engaged in this dreadful performance.